Marketing – Marketing /
We’re looking for someone with a passion for email marketing and development, improving processes, and a history of driving consistent growth. You will own and execute the email development strategy for our two key audiences—online shoppers and nonprofit organizations—with the goal of increasing activation and retention among both audiences via onboarding, transactional, and promotional emails that engage, nurture, convert, and grow revenue for our affiliate brand partners. Our business is growing rapidly and presents unique, evolving challenges. You should thrive in a fast paced environment and be enthusiastic to work on a diverse team of mission-driven innovators.
Mission: To Transform Shopping into a Sustainable Source of Giving
Giving Assistant is on a mission to make giving back as much a part of shopping as saving money is. We believe in the generosity of people, and that every person also loves to save. We’re giving them an easy place to have both. Shoppers can save money with cash back and coupon codes at over 3,000 online brands. Then, they have the option to donate a portion of their cash back earnings to any one of 1.6 million 501(c)3 nonprofit and charitable organizations in the U.S.
We also offer a free, convenient browser button that makes it easy for you to save and give back wherever you shop. That button automatically loads the latest promo codes, so you don’t have to search for deals. We are a mission driven, Certified B Corporation with plans to have a global impact.
Giving Assistant gives people a single loyalty program to save money shopping online at their favorite major retailers, and encourages them to transform their savings into charitable action by streamlining charitable cashback donations. We also offer a free, convenient browser button that makes it easy for you to save and give back wherever you shop. That button automatically loads the latest promo codes, so you don’t have to search for deals.
What we believe:
We believe in the generosity of people, and that every person also loves to save money. We’re giving them an easy place to have both. To help nonprofit organizations, Giving Assistant taps into the reliability and power of e-commerce shopping—increasing donations and engagement.
Inspire Giving — We believe everyone can find a way to give back.
Work Smart, Live Well — We believe “work-life balance” should be more than a buzzword.
Do More with Less — We strive to be nimble and inventive in a fast-paced environment.
Be a Team Player — We do our best when we work together.
Uphold Integrity & Transparency — We feel honesty and openness are essential to create a workplace where everyone feels supported.
Own the Experience — We champion taking responsibility and ongoing learning.
- Design and develop mobile-responsive email marketing campaigns using HTML, CSS, and other technologies, all with an eye toward performance, accessibility, brand standards, and best practices
- Own, manage and develop design system and templates that promote efficiency and scalability
- Build elements with dynamic content including but not limited to subject lines, copy blocks, images, etc.
- Own the email development best practices both adhering and staying up-to-date on all limitations of email clients, along with setting up email tracking and other needs of the business
- Be accountable for quality execution and timeliness of all email projects and campaigns
- Execute QA to ensure quality, execution, and timeliness of owned email campaigns
- Establish documentation to share best practices across email marketing, design, and copywriting teams
- Conduct A/B tests, analyze the performance of email campaigns, and uncover relevant insights for creating opportunities in future campaigns
- Assist and collaborate with Director and Senior Email Marketing Managers to strategize and implement a roadmap of upcoming projects and ad-hoc campaigns by providing input during the discovery and requirement development phase
- Work with Senior Email Marketing Managers to ensure that messages of internal partners are being distributed as requested in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Analytics, or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of experience using HTML and CSS to develop email campaigns
- Experience with Cordial (or similar enterprise ESP platform), including but not limited to email automation, Smarty syntax, building Sculpt templates, and dynamic content
- Experience with collaborating closely with cross-functional teams
- Experience with QA methods and utilizing testing software like Litmus or Email on Acid
- A motivated, and self-starting individual who enjoys solving problems and finding areas of improvement
- Affiliate and/or Referral Marketing Experience
- Amplitude Experience
Giving Assistant has a competitive compensation plan that includes: A competitive salary that factors location in and experience, Stock options, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Unlimited Paid Time Off, Paid parental leave, Stipend for continuing education
Have a measurable positive impact on society.
Pre-tax commuter, dependent care, and health FSAs, Employer-sponsored 401K, quarterly company volunteer activities
Giving Assistant believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. Giving Assistant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented minorities in tech to apply.