Sr. Email Marketing Manager
Marketing – Marketing /
We are looking for an experienced professional with a passion for email marketing, quantitative analysis, nonprofits, and a history of driving consistent growth. You will own and execute the email marketing strategy for our two key audiences—online shoppers and nonprofit organizations—with the goal of increasing activation and retention among both audiences via onboarding, transactional, and promotional emails that engage, nurture, convert, and grow revenue for our affiliate brand partners.
Mission: To Transform Shopping into a Sustainable Source of Giving
Giving Assistant is on a mission to make giving back as much a part of shopping as saving money is. We believe in the generosity of people, and that every person also loves to save. We’re giving them an easy place to have both. Shoppers can save money with cash back and coupon codes at over 3,000 online brands. Then, they have the option to donate a portion of their cash back earnings to any one of 1.6 million 501(c)3 nonprofit and charitable organizations in the U.S.
We also offer a free, convenient browser button that makes it easy for you to save and give back wherever you shop. That button automatically loads the latest promo codes, so you don’t have to search for deals. We are a mission driven, Certified B Corporation based in San Francisco, California, with plans to have a global impact.
Giving Assistant gives people a single loyalty program to save money shopping online at their favorite major retailers, and encourages them to transform their savings into charitable action by streamlining charitable cashback donations. We also offer a free, convenient browser button that makes it easy for you to save and give back wherever you shop. That button automatically loads the latest promo codes, so you don’t have to search for deals.
We are a mission driven, Certified B Corporation based in San Francisco, California, with plans to have a global impact. To learn more about our mission to give back, visit givingassistant.org/about.
What we believe:
We believe in the generosity of people, and that every person also loves to save money. We’re giving them an easy place to have both. To help nonprofit organizations, Giving Assistant taps into the reliability and power of e-commerce shopping—increasing donations and engagement.What we do:Giving Assistant shoppers save money with cash back and coupon codes at over 3,000 online brands. Then, they have the option to donate a portion of their cash back earnings to any one of 1.6 million 501(c)3 nonprofit and charitable organizations in the U.S.
Inspire Giving — We believe everyone can find a way to give back.
Work Smart, Live Well — We believe “work-life balance” should be more than a buzzword.
Do More with Less — We strive to be nimble and inventive in a fast-paced environment.
Be a Team Player — We do our best when we work together.
Uphold Integrity & Transparency — We feel honesty and openness are essential to create a workplace where everyone feels supported.
Own the Experience — We champion taking responsibility and ongoing learning.
- Create a segment roadmap in collaboration with growth and product teams with the goal of driving new membership, increased conversion, retention, and improved engagement
- Own the hands-on execution of all email marketing campaigns included but not limited to ad-hoc and automated messages (building & sending emails, pulling audience segments, a/b testing & reporting)
- Develop customer targeting, segmentation, dynamic content, and communication strategies to maximize message engagement, conversion rate, web extension install rate, and LTV
- Jointly manage and collaborate with Sr. Marketing Manager to maintain the email campaign calendar for both day-to-day and campaign related messages
- Partner with Director of Email Marketing in developing and maintaining marketing automation and triggers to engage and convert prospects and customers across the customer journey
- Collaborate with copywriters and designers to continuously conduct A/B tests and analyze results to develop insights to improve conversion rate, retention, and member loyalty
- Provide on-going reporting, campaign insights and revenue pacing to stakeholders
- Stays current with email automation best practices and general innovations, and accessibility to brand’s email program
- Be accountable for quality execution and timeliness of all email projects and campaigns
- Provide leadership and collaborates with cross-functional teams to align the email program with Marketing, Product, Sales, and Nonprofit teams overall customer experience and brand strategy
- Design/develop additional modular template layouts or concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Analytics, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of analytical, quantitative email marketing and lifecycle marketing experience
- Experience with Cordial or similar enterprise ESP platform, including but not limited to email automation, smarty syntax, sculpt building, and dynamic content
- Experience building and managing campaigns on multiple email marketing platforms, as well as integrating with other martech platforms for analytics and marketing automation
- Experience working closely with creative teams (copy and design), along with hands-on experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience with email automation and transactional sends and testing tools like Litmus or Email on Acid
- Motivated, driven and self-starting individual who enjoys solving problems and finding areas of improvement
- HTML and CSS knowledge
- Affiliate and/or Referral Marketing Experience
- Amplitude Experience
- Nonprofit experience
Giving Assistant has a competitive compensation plan that includes:A competitive annual salary that factors location in and experience, Stock options, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Unlimited VacationPaid parental leave, Stipend for continuing education
Have a measurable positive impact on society. Pre-tax commuter, dependant care, and health FSAs, Employer-sponsored 401KCashback, quarterly company volunteer activities, Audible membership
Giving Assistant believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. Giving Assistant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented minorities in tech to apply.