Engineering – Data /
We’re searching for a Python Engineer to assist with the growth of Giving Assistant’s suite of products and platforms.
Our business is growing rapidly and presents unique, evolving challenges. You should thrive in a fast paced environment and be enthusiastic to work in a team of mission-driven innovators.
Mission:* To Transform Shopping into a Sustainable Source of Giving
Giving Assistant is on a mission to make giving back as much a part of shopping as saving money is. We believe in the generosity of people, and that every person also loves to save. We’re giving them an easy place to have both. Shoppers can save money with cash back and coupon codes at over 3,000 online brands. Then, they have the option to donate a portion of their cash back earnings to any one of 1.6 million 501(c)3 nonprofit and charitable organizations in the U.S.
We also offer a free, convenient browser button that makes it easy for you to save and give back wherever you shop. That button automatically loads the latest promo codes, so you don’t have to search for deals. We are a mission driven, Certified B Corporation with plans to have a global impact.
Giving Assistant gives people a single loyalty program to save money shopping online at their favorite major retailers, and encourages them to transform their savings into charitable action by streamlining charitable cashback donations. We also offer a free, convenient browser button that makes it easy for you to save and give back wherever you shop. That button automatically loads the latest promo codes, so you don’t have to search for deals.
What we believe:*
We believe in the generosity of people, and that every person also loves to save money. We’re giving them an easy place to have both. To help nonprofit organizations, Giving Assistant taps into the reliability and power of e-commerce shopping—increasing donations and engagement.
Give Empower change through giving: We lead with generosity and believe giving should be second nature.
Embrace Do more together: We accomplish more when we work together and promote a diverse and equitable environment.
Elevate Uplift our community: We strive to improve the lives and experiences of our team and partners while advancing innovation.
Exemplify Act with purpose: We are accountable for our work, our company’s impact, and for making decisions that uphold our mission.
- Good understanding and application of modern data processing technology stacks. For example SQL, noSQL, Spark
- Design and build product features in collaboration with business and IT
- Manage data by APIs integrations and running spiders
- Design reusable components, frameworks, and code
- Use and contribute to continuous integration pipelines
- Performance/scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity
- Develop architecture and design patterns to process and store high volume data sets
- Participate in an Agile / Scrum methodology to deliver high quality code
- Troubleshoot production support issues post - deployment and come up with solutions as required
- 2+ years' experience in a professional organization collaborating across multiple functions
- Familiarity with Agile project delivery methods
- Experience with AWS components and services (E.G. EMR, S3, and Lambda)
- Experience with Jenkins, Bitbucket/GitHub
- Strong programming Python, PHP, shell scripting, SQL and noSQL
- Good understanding of file formats including JSON, Parquet, Avro, and others
- Experience with Snowflake or Redshift or BigQuery
- Experience with data warehousing, dimensional modeling and ETL development
- Demonstrable ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Passion for data with demonstrated ability to use data to tell a story and influence decision making
- Detail oriented with strong information seeking skills
This role is open to Remote employees in the US only
COMPENSATION:* Salary to 125k, DOE
Giving Assistant has a competitive compensation plan that includes: A competitive salary that factors location in and experience, Stock options, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Unlimited Paid Time Off, Paid parental leave, Stipend for continuing education
Have a measurable positive impact on society.
Pre-tax commuter, dependent care, and health FSAs, Employer-sponsored 401K, quarterly company volunteer activities
Giving Assistant believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission.* Giving Assistant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented minorities in tech to apply.
Job Type: Full-time