Marketing – Marketing /
The Marketing Manager will act as a liaison across teams to ensure marketing projects are executed successfully and on time. This person will work closely with the Marketing Director to develop tactical plans to bring new & existing initiatives to fruition. Responsibilities of this role also include managing & developing content for Giving Assistant’s social media accounts, and assisting with managing the relationship with our paid media agency.
Mission: To Transform Shopping into a Sustainable Source of Giving
Giving Assistant is on a mission to make giving back as much a part of shopping as saving money is. We believe in the generosity of people, and that every person also loves to save. We’re giving them an easy place to have both. Shoppers can save money with cash back and coupon codes at over 3,000 online brands. Then, they have the option to donate a portion of their cash back earnings to any one of 1.6 million 501(c)3 nonprofit and charitable organizations in the U.S.
We also offer a free, convenient browser button that makes it easy for you to save and give back wherever you shop. That button automatically loads the latest promo codes, so you don’t have to search for deals. We are a mission driven, Certified B Corporation with plans to have a global impact.
Giving Assistant gives people a single loyalty program to save money shopping online at their favorite major retailers, and encourages them to transform their savings into charitable action by streamlining charitable cashback donations. We also offer a free, convenient browser button that makes it easy for you to save and give back wherever you shop. That button automatically loads the latest promo codes, so you don’t have to search for deals.
What we believe:
We believe in the generosity of people, and that every person also loves to save money. We’re giving them an easy place to have both. To help nonprofit organizations, Giving Assistant taps into the reliability and power of e-commerce shopping—increasing donations and engagement.
Give┃Empower change through giving: We lead with generosity and believe giving should be second nature.
Embrace┃Do more together: We accomplish more when we work together and promote a diverse and equitable environment.
Elevate┃Uplift our community: We strive to improve the lives and experiences of our team and partners while advancing innovation.
Exemplify┃Act with purpose: We are accountable for our work, our company’s impact, and for making decisions that uphold our mission.
- Project management for marketing activities:
- Outline all steps needed to execute a particular project.
- Develop and manage detailed schedules for tasks.
- Track project and individual task progress to ensure completion (following up with team members as needed).
- Provide support to marketing team channel owners within team (Email, Ad Ops, Nonprofit, Integrated Marketing) & cross-departmentally:
- Act as liaison between departments as necessary, helping to pass crucial information along to relevant parties.
- Route assets & materials for feedback & approval as needed.
- Prep for weekly marketing meetings.
- Assist with creating meeting agendas & tracking follow up items.
- Assist with reporting and assessing performance at the conclusion of marketing projects.
- Assist with creative briefing process:
- Understand specs needed for assets to be briefed.
- Help route briefs to creative team, gather feedback from appropriate parties & pass along for revisions. ensuring final assets are delivered on time.
- Manage organization of assets & files.
- Assist the email team with the execution of marketing emails:
- Help gather all content and details for email development from other teams as needed.
- Proof and QA emails in development and prior to deployment & route proofs to appropriate parties to review.
- Review final email test sends for rendering, working links, and quality assurance.
- Manage Giving Assistant’s organic social media accounts:
- Develop a monthly content calendar and posting schedule, utilizing Sprout Social to upload proposed posts in advance.
- Brief creative assets (IG stories, FB posts, etc.) for creative team to develop.
- Monitor comments and direct messages daily, replying to and escalating to appropriate teams like Customer Service, when necessary.
- Execute engagement strategy by interacting with relevant accounts to increase reach.
- Provide reporting metrics for organic social media (including weekly updates, monthly reports, and quarterly business reviews).
- Help monitor Giving Assistant’s mentions across the web and respond in conjunction with the Customer Service Manager.
- Assist in managing relationship with paid media agency:
- Help with project & timeline management.
- Track follow up items & manage deliverables from both sides.
- Assist in working cross-departmentally to execute any tasks needed to be completed in relation to campaigns (including data/reporting, creative, brand offers).
- Effectively relay issues and concerns to the Director of Integrated Marketing.
- Comply with all Giving Assistant policies and procedures.
- Other duties, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS: Experience
- 2-3 years working in the marketing field.
- Experience with developing content for social media, managing social accounts & developing new ideas based upon the latest social media trends.
- Experience using project management tools (we use Asana) is a plus!
- Experience working within affiliate marketing and/or nonprofit sector is also an advantage!
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS: Required Skills
- Familiarity with paid media (Facebook/Google Ads) is a huge bonus!
- Proven track record of successful project management.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability in the area of prioritization and strategic thinking.
- Hands-on, high-energy work ethic, with an ability to work very effectively with all levels of the company.
- A passionate self-starting mindset, able to work autonomously, but also enjoys and is effective collaborating with peers.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position requires the employee to regularly stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. They must be capable of writing, using a computer keyboard, telephone and related office equipment. Ability to lift 10lbs. required.
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Giving Assistant has a competitive compensation plan that includes:
$55,000 - $70,000/year (actual wage is based on education and experience)
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Flexible Vacation (no cap)
Paid birth and parental leave
Stipend for continuing education
Have a measurable positive impact on society
Dependent care, and health FSAs
Fully remote work environment
Company volunteer opportunities
Giving Assistant believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. Giving Assistant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented minorities in tech to apply.
Giving Assistant is a remote company, this role requires the ability to be in front of a computer for 8 hours. Pursuant to the Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.