Senior Backend Engineer (Golang) - Studio Core Team (m/f/d). Remote
Who we are:
We're an ambitious team of researchers, builders, and entrepreneurs with many years of experience in crypto, and we are passionate about digital assets. With a new product roadmap, we are adding several new products to our portfolio beyond on-chain data - we are becoming a more comprehensive go-to crypto platform for various needs.
Glassnode is a leading market intelligence platform for on-chain and derivatives data. We offer the most comprehensive library of advanced on-chain metrics and insights for Bitcoin, Ethereum and hundreds of other digital assets, bringing data intelligence to the blockchain and cryptocurrency space.
With an emphasis on user-centric interfaces, we aim to deliver intelligible, actionable, and unique insights from blockchain data and beyond, helping investors make educated decisions in an overly emotional and irrational market and equipping blockchain teams with valuable insights on their projects and tokens.
Senior Backend Engineer - Golang (m/f/d). Remote.
About the role:
The backend team's mission is to enable all teams to position features in the platform and create a seamless user experience with the core functionalities of the platform. You will design, build, and maintain Glassnode services that manage permissions and pricing, internal tooling, and other core functionalities.
We are searching for a driven and proactive Senior Golang Backend Engineer. You would have the opportunity to contribute to developing our APIs, ensuring optimal performance, and building microservices and new features. All in the context of a distributed system with a high data load from the Studio platform and high scalability.
Join us remotely, you can be located anywhere around the CET time zone, as our work is 100% online. The position is full-time.
What you will do:
- Designing and crafting robust Golang services
- Ensuring optimal performance for our APIs (monitoring, scaling)
- Thriving in a distributed system environment
- Scaling to meet the demands of a data-rich Studio platform
- You will get to know the whole system inside out and be working on all essential aspects of our platform like pricing or permissioning
What you need:
- You have at least 4 years of working experience in software engineering and are proficient with Golang
- You have experience with Kubernetes, Helm, and cloud providers (preferably Google Compute Engine) and experience building distributed systems and data pipelines
- You have knowledge of SQL, Pub/Sub, gRPC
- You are a self-learner, motivated to pick up new technologies and take on complex problems
- You can communicate in English
- You have an interest in the cryptocurrencies/blockchain industry
What we offer:
- Flexibility to organise your work and hours the way you like, our remote-first setup enables this for everyone
- Join an innovative, self-funded company in a future-proof analytics and market intelligence segment of web3
- Freedom to own your decisions and experiment, we need driven experts who help us figure out what to do, not for us to point at what needs to be done
- Be one of the main contributors to building a company with its unique culture in the cutting-edge tech space
- No approval loops or unnecessary processes, quick decision-making and full ownership of your function
- We are working on a kick-ass, meaningful benefits package, something truly useful and empowering - you will help us figure out what we'd need to stand out as the workplace of the future, we are open to any ideas
- Frequent company offsites, we love remote but love to have fun together too - last year we went to Lisbon for a week and had our New Year’s party in Mallorca, and more adventures are coming up
- Visit our careers page for more info on the company's vibe & values
Glassnode is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and empower each individual who joins us. Glassnode commits to a transparent, inclusive, non-discriminatory recruitment process and employment.