Business Development and Partnerships Manager
New York City, NY
About the role
As a Business Development and Partnership Manager at Glitch, you will be responsible for the strategic account management of new and existing Glitch partners. This is a new role at Glitch and will support our growing partnership work as we expand the Glitch brand in 2019. You'll support our partners over the long term - from identifying ways they could better use Glitch to implementing projects that drive growth on the platform. You’ll build relationships with our partners and become the “go-to” person for best practices and advice.
We’re looking for individuals who have a passion for technology and the ambition to dive head-first into new challenges. You’ll need to be adaptive and excited at the opportunity to help invent new processes, contribute to what’s already been built, and interact with partners and potential Glitch users on a daily basis.
About the role - as a Business Development and Partnership Manager, you will:
- Research, identify, and execute potential technology integration, marketing and other partnerships
- Gain a deep understanding of partners' business priorities and challenges
- Craft and lead account and project plans based on partner priorities with the capabilities of Glitch
- Maintain and manage a pipeline, including a forecast of renewals as well as new product opportunities
- Lead new partner and project onboarding, identifying needs, potential issues, and key project timelines
- Ensure high partner satisfaction and reference-ability
- Communicate partner feedback to the Glitch team in order to drive product development based on partner needs
- Develop and implement best practices, processes, and tools which can continually enhance Glitch's Partnerships Team
We're looking for people with:
- 3-5 years of experience working in a Business Development, Account Management, or similar role.
- A demonstrated experience in account management and revenue growth for strategic accounts with B2B companies
- A good grasp of tech and the dynamics of the tech industry. We’ll teach you all about Glitch, but you should bring a high degree of fluency in the strategies of companies in the tech ecosystem since our potential partners are technical.
- An eye to organization - You understand what it means to own a partner portfolio and to prioritize and manage your time efficiently
- A creative inclination that will help you come up with out of the box ways to surprise and delight our partners
- An enthusiasm to embrace teamwork and collaboration. You’ll be working with multiple teams on a regular basis (Marketing, Support, Product, etc.) and helping to build the Partnership “brand” across our entire organization
- An adaptive approach; You love an ever-changing environment where you are constantly improving yourself, your team and your processes
- Ability to negotiate, communicate, present, and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present to a diverse audience both internally and externally
This position is based at our office in Lower Manhattan. While our office is in New York City, about half of our employees are remote. When you work at HQ, you'll be in a brand new office, carefully and thoughtfully designed to give each person both private and collaborative work spaces. You'll be part of a remote work culture where all of our meetings are online and apps and tools like Slack and Google Hangouts are the normal way to communicate.
We offer fair, competitive, and transparent pay. Compensation is $75,000 to $95,000 annually in addition to equity and a full suite of benefits. We don't negotiate because we make our best possible offer up front—no games. To see an overview of our benefits, please visit our Careers Page.