Menlo Park, CA
Innovation. Collaboration. Trust.
Globality is creating ground-breaking technology utilizing a world-class, AI-powered Platform that revolutionizes how businesses buy and sell services. We are an open, inclusive, and diverse organization and our employees are at the heart of the great products we create.
We’ve raised over $172M and are supported by an impressive group of prominent investors, including Al Gore and SoftBank Vision Fund. Our Co-Founders, Joel Hyatt and Lior Delgo, are seasoned entrepreneurs who bring an extensive business-building experience to our organization. Our impressive board includes Mark Hurd (CEO of Oracle), Dennis Nally (former Global Chairman of PwC), and Ron Johnson (former SVP of Apple).
Our culture and our product reflect our core values of Innovation, Collaboration, and Trust, so come help us build something great!
The DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, security, and performance of critical RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our platform. This is a ‘hands-on’ position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent leadership/interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining AWS RDS environments (PostgreSQL), ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data tasks, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams. They must be capable of working independently and collaboratively within a global team.
What you will be doing:
· Manage databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems
· Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
· Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
· Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
· Take lead in query optimization/tuning and schema refinement to unclog performance bottlenecks
· Provide support for critical production systems
· Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members
What we’re looking for:
· 3+ years PostgreSQL Administration, installation and troubleshooting experience required
· 7+ years of experience as DBA
· Experience with query optimization and PostgreSQL performance tuning
· Relational Database programming concepts (automated Scripts and batch processes)
· Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
· Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to work with a global team
· Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
· High attention to detail and adherence to established processes
· Strong troubleshooting skills and knowledge to adapt and learn quickly in a changing environment
· Strong Linux skills and shell scripting experience
· Experience with Memcache and other caching technologies is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity makes teams better and that discrimination based on race, gender, or anything else is self-defeating.