Research Manager, Corporate and Public Affairs
New York, New York
Global Strategy Group works at the intersection of business, politics, and causes, conducting research for Fortune 100 clients, national political leaders, and non-profits. We are looking for a Manager specializing in corporate and public affairs research to join our growing Research Practice. Ideal candidates must have in-depth experience working on both qualitative and quantitative research for a wide variety of corporate and public affairs clients.
Specifically, candidates should have experience in:
- Public Affairs Research
- Corporate Reputation Research
- Message Development
- Thought Leadership Research
- CSR Research
- Have excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research to inform communications.
- Have a strong interest and aptitude for new business development, including writing proposals and developing pitch decks.
- Have strong analytical skills - goes beyond findings to insights and actionable recommendations.
- Have a strong interest and understanding of public affairs issues and events.
- Manage qualitative and quantitative research projects from beginning to end
- Conceptualize and produce client-ready survey questionnaires and qualitative research screeners and guides
- Conceptualize and produce analyses of research projects - both written analyses and visual PowerPoint presentations
- Establish and cultivate strong client relationships to successfully manage day-to-day needs and expectations
- Report on research findings and other deliverables during client calls
- Oversee and coordinate research projects by actively keeping track of project details, organizing tasks, and keeping team's adherence to timelines without prompting
- Take an active role in project fielding, i.e., review partials, provide edits, discuss weighting targets with data team, actively troubleshoot project fielding issues
- Conceptualize, produce, and edit new business proposals and presentations, with senior staff oversight
- Develop research designs and methodological approaches and sampling plans for new business to meet client research objectives
- May train or oversee junior staff on the execution of projects
- 4-5 years of experience in public affairs, corporate and/or political research
- Experience in executing every stage of a research project
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and a proven ability to juggle multiple assignments
- Ability to work efficiently and quickly produce high-quality work product
- Experience with the marketing and new business process (i.e. writing proposals and producing pitch decks, developing methodologies and research programs, producing thought leadership content, etc.)
- Experience with client-facing responsibilities, including leading client engagements
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Team player with the ability to collaborate and maintain strong working relationships
- Ability to mentor, train, and manage entry-level employees
- Strong attention to detail and experience with catching mistakes and being detail-oriented
- Experience/coursework with statistics and advanced quantitative methods a plus
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Expertise producing graphical representation of data
- Interest or experience using digital research tools a plus - including social media and digital analytics
- Bachelor's degree required
If this sounds like the professional adventure for you, please send your information our way! When submitting your resume, please include a cover letter which highlights your relevant experience, along with your desire to be a part of the team at GSG. We are interested in candidates who align with our mission and want to contribute to our continued growth.
Candidates who meet the needs for the position will be contacted via email.
Global Strategy Group, LLC.
Honored to be named Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, we are distinguished by our depth of talent, influential clients, and winning track record. Battle-tested in the trenches of corporate reputation management and political campaigns, we bring unrivaled commitment to every assignment. Our culture of independence, integrity, and responsiveness established by our co-founders two decades ago drives our team of nearly 100 smart, strategic, and creative professionals today.
Our clients—which include Fortune 100 companies, national political leaders, associations and nonprofits—rely on us for candid guidance and fast, effective execution. We provide a combination of critical thinking and on-the-ground results that many other firms talk about, but few deliver.
Global Strategy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion or creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state or local statute.