Associate, Communications & Public Affairs
Washington, District of Columbia
Communications & Public Affairs
Global Strategy Group works at the intersection of business, politics, and causes.
We are always looking for top talent to join the team at GSG! We are currently connecting with candidates at the Associate level to consider for future opportunities for our growing Communications & Public Affairs Practice in our NY and DC offices. Successful candidates will have a strong interest in working with our corporate and advocacy clients, as well as a desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment. Associates are expected to successfully juggle multiple assignments, while simultaneously meeting important deadlines, including managing projects for clients, drafting memos, pitching stories to reporters, helping to build coalitions, working on digital or social campaigns, or helping to develop a new business proposal.
- Have excellent project management and organizational skills
- Have an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Have strong written and verbal communications skills
- Be detail-oriented and strong at multi-tasking
- Be motivated, responsible, and proactive
As a GSG Associate in the Communications & Public Affairs Practice, you will...
- Research and draft client-facing materials, including memos, presentations, press releases, talking points, fact sheets, media lists, and social media content
- Build and maintain media lists, draft pitch materials, and work to sustain media relations with reporters
- Conduct regular media monitoring (traditional and social) and create coverage reports for a range of clients and industries
- Assist senior team members in the development and execution of campaign plans, including communications, grassroots/field, and digital engagements
- Contribute to the development of new business proposals and presentations for prospective clients; display confidence in taking a first pass at composing proposals, demonstrating the ability to think through a bigger picture execution plan
- Assist with managing projects, including taking notes in client meetings and on conference calls, tracking client deliverables and deadlines, managing task spreadsheets, and providing activity reports
- Perform background research and create briefing materials for the account team in preparation for meetings and calls with existing or potential clients
- Understand and appropriately utilize resources (e.g., online research, monitoring tools, other reference materials)
- Provide support and contribute ideas to internal planning discussions and brainstorming sessions
- Identify and conduct outreach to potential coalition partners
- Help manage activities of subcontractors/third party vendors
- Understand and comply with agency operations and procedures (e.g., time sheets, expense reports)
- Produce grammatically correct, typo-free copy and demonstrate a keen attention to detail
- Complete assignments, meet deadlines, and work with supervisors to successfully juggle multiple projects
- A Bachelor's degree in the areas of communications, public relations, political science, public affairs, public policy, or other relevant field
- 1-3 years of experience in strategic communications or public affairs within the corporate, government, politics, non-profits, or agency spaces, political campaigns, or a related industry
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong interest in corporate and advocacy clients
- Ability to advance communications and public affairs approaches, tactics, and strategies, based on the general understanding of client service
- Experience using digital communications and social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, blogs, etc.
- Team player with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with team members
- A natural problem-solver with good judgment and ability to manage up
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and maintain quality, detail and organization across multiple assignments
- Initiative, resourcefulness, and the desire to work hard
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Bilingual or multi-lingual abilities are highly valued
If this sounds like the professional adventure for you, please send your information our way! When submitting your resume, please include a cover letter which highlights your relevant experience, along with your desire to be a part of the team at GSG. We are interested in candidates who align with our mission and want to contribute to our continued growth.
Candidates who match the needs for the position will be contacted via email.
Global Strategy Group, LLC.
Honored to be named Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, we are distinguished by our depth of talent, influential clients, and winning track record. Battle-tested in the trenches of corporate reputation management and political campaigns, we bring unrivaled commitment to every assignment. Our culture of independence, integrity, and responsiveness established by our co-founders two decades ago drives our team of nearly 100 smart, strategic, and creative professionals today.
Our clients—which include Fortune 100 companies, national political leaders, associations and nonprofits—rely on us for candid guidance and fast, effective execution. We provide a combination of critical thinking and on-the-ground results that many other firms talk about, but few deliver.
Global Strategy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion or creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state or local statute.