Junior Data Engineer
New York, New York
Do you love creating tools that anyone can use? When something doesn’t work out as planned, are you committed to creating better infrastructure and more efficient processes? We are seeking a Junior Data Engineer to help our team during the 2020 election cycle. Working alongside a highly accomplished team in a fast-paced environment, the Junior Data Engineer will develop tools, build data pipelines, and automate processes to improve team workflows in the lead-up to the 2020 election.
The Junior Data Engineer will be responsible for:
- Working with data team to identify opportunities for task automation and helpful tools
- Creating scripts and workflows to automate repeated data processing tasks
- Building survey and voter file data pipelines
- Designing and developing tools for internal team use to simplify complex task flows
- Assisting in quality control of quantitative and qualitative research projects
- Have experience building data pipelines and ETL workflows
- Have experience automating data processing tasks such as cleaning and transformation
- Be comfortable with relational databases, with strong SQL skills
- Be detail-oriented
- Be a motivated, responsible self-starter who can work with minimal direction
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send your information our way!
When submitting your resume, please include a cover letter which highlights your relevant experience, along with your desire to be a part of the team at GSG. We are interested in candidates who align with our mission and want to contribute to our continued growth.
Candidates who match the needs for the position will be contacted via email.
Global Strategy Group, LLC.
Honored to be named Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, we are distinguished by our depth of talent, influential clients, and winning track record. Battle-tested in the trenches of corporate reputation management and political campaigns, we bring unrivaled commitment to every assignment. Our culture of independence, integrity, and responsiveness established by our co-founders two decades ago drives our team of nearly 100 smart, strategic, and creative professionals today.
Our clients - which include Fortune 100 companies, national political leaders, associations and nonprofits - rely on us for candid guidance and fast, effective execution. We provide a combination of critical thinking and on-the-ground results that many other firms talk about, but few deliver.
Global Strategy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion or creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state or local statute.