Gloo, headquartered in beautiful Boulder Colorado, builds software for people and organizations dedicated to improving lives. We’re leveraging the same exponential tech that’s driving success in other industries and making it available through tools such as big data, custom assessments, an engagement app, and eventually an entire market network focused on growth. As one of Boulder’s most successful and innovative tech companies, Gloo needs more talented professionals who are driven to make a positive impact on humanity. Are you one of them?
This role is critical to our organization, so we’re looking for a uniquely qualified individual. As our IT Manager you orchestrate a smooth, 100% uptime IT infrastructure that enables our team’s high performance. We’ve worked hard to build a solid, stable, and well-documented environment. Now we need an experienced technology manager who appreciates excellence and seeks to evolve and enhance what we already have. You love your work, are always mindful of what’s next on the horizon and believe in taking a proactive approach to security, privacy, and IT operational effectiveness.
Spend your days:
- Overseeing office tech, communications, disaster recovery, network performance, and facility security
- Keeping 5 buildings, 23 conference rooms, 400 endpoints, 150 SaaS technologies and 160 hardworking team members up, operational and technologically happy
- Maintaining updates, patches, and security for all equipment. Building strategy for and managing endpoint computer/mobile devices to include software inventories, patch management, device security and MDM implementation.
- Building and maintaining corporate directory, identity, SSO and access control services with specific emphasis on rolling out a multi-factor authentication program for all full time, part time and contract personnel.
- Managing corporate communication solutions to include email, instant messaging and video conferencing systems. Insuring these systems are secure, protect privacy and are compliant. Implement Data Loss Prevention (DLP) measures as part of this effort.
- Implementing performance monitoring program managing capacity and performance as the company scales.
- As a key member of our cross functional “trust” team, facilitating inspection and evaluation of our security, privacy and compliance initiatives. Building remediation plans to address shortfalls and to improve overall “trust” posture.
- Managing improvement projects including needs analysis & requirements, tool selection and implementation. Researching emerging technologies to help the organization mature and to leverage technology as a competitive advantage.
- Building strong working relationships throughout the organization as a trusted advisor and thought leader
- Serving as a business partner to help the organization achieve its strategic objectives – you are a conduit, not a roadblock
- Committed to our collective goal of people development in all we do
What it takes for success:
- An undergraduate degree in business with a technology emphasis
- 5 years of professional experience in a hands-on Mac IT role – extra points if you’ve worked in a SaaS company
- At least 2 years in a leadership capacity as a working manager so your technical skills are current
- Direct experience working in open source cloud environment
- Capable project management skills with demonstrated success driving IT projects to completion within budget and timeline
- A steward of sound network security practices – comfortable working alongside our security team to align internal practices
- Hands on experience with modern data, voice, conferencing, network architecture, office productivity and G-Suite apps – extra points for JAMF certification
- A business first approach to technology – mindful of ROI and business value in everything you do
- The ability to sniff out trouble before it happens – proactive, planful and resourceful by nature
- Committed to sound documentation of all systems and procedures
Our team members enjoy:
- Compensation and bonus commensurate with experience
- Plenty of time off to keep you balanced
- Medical with HSA contribution
- A dynamic, talented team, dedicated to changing the world and building an incredible business
- Beautiful office space in downtown Boulder on Pearl Street, steps from coffee shops and blocks from hiking trails
- Company Happy Hour Fridays
- Fresh fruit, snacks, coffee and sodas