San Francisco, CA
Product & Engineering /
At Glow, we believe that insurance can provide peace of mind to small business owners so they can pursue their dreams. We are building a digital insurance platform that ensures small businesses have the right coverage for all their insurance needs at the lowest cost, not just when they purchase, but every year. We recently completed a $22M Series A funding, and looking for energetic, dynamic, growth-minded individuals to join our team.
What's the Role?
As a Principal Engineer at Glow, you will play a crucial role in driving our mission forward. You will have the opportunity to lead a team of engineers and make key decisions about our technology and platform. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about using their technical expertise to make a positive impact on people's lives. You will be responsible for creating exceptional code and establishing the foundation of our tech stack.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working closely with the CEO, Engineering and Product team to define and drive engineering best practices and standards.
- Architecting technical solutions that align with our product vision and business requirements.
- Designing systems that are scalable and performant to handle the increasing demands of our users.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to understand product requirements, user needs, and technical constraints.
- Conducting thorough code reviews and providing constructive feedback to ensure code quality, security, and maintainability.
You'll be a great fit if you:
- Are a full stack developer with 8+ years of experience and advanced frontend and backend skills (Node.js, React, TypeScript).
- Have experience building high-scale, cloud-based web, and mobile applications.
- Have strong experience with relational and non-relational databases.
- Have a familiarity with Event-based architecture, CQRS, and Event Sourcing.
- Have experience with high-scale, production-grade projects.
- Have the drive and ability to learn fast and make decisions based on data and know when you don’t know something.
- Believe that speed and quality are not conflicting; you can achieve both.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and a passion for building high-quality products.
- Have strong communication skills, both technical and non-technical, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Hold a BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or related degree
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Medical, dental & vision insurance plans
- 401(k) program
- Paid time off
$200,000 - $250,000 a year