Higher Education Account Manager
Sales and Business Development /
At Glowforge, we help people bring home the future and make it their own. Our printer uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. Take a look and see for yourself.
We build magical products to delight our customers, and we do it while taking care of each other. We hire people who are outstanding at what they do, who thrive in tight-knit teams, and who want to make things that make a difference.
Together, we've built a product we're incredibly proud of, and the reward has been incredible growth.
We work together because we believe in the power of creativity. We believe we can bring about a future where anyone can print anything.
We're a remote-first company - just let us know where you prefer to work from!
Why We Need You
We have the best customers. It’s something of an unofficial company motto, and it’s so true.
Envision the difference you can make, inspiring the future generation of makers and creators in the education space. Educators and learners have ideas that inspire innovation, improving everything we do. Introducing the amazing technology of Glowforge opens up their curiosity and ability to create the world around them. On the team, you know that educators with powerful technology can unlock the inventiveness in every learner, so they can make a difference. Maintaining and growing sales in the world of education transforms the way folks teach, learn and work.
Through your work, you’re going to bring the means of creation to hundreds of thousands of students. You’re going to give them access to the technology of the future!
The Higher Education Account Manager role is a full-time remote contract position with the potential to become permanent.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You love sales and startups. You balance standard methodologies with experimentation, and confidence with modesty. You’re also a strong sales personality and an authority at presenting. You are calm and collected. You empower others to learn, be curious, and ultimately share your love for Glowforge.
We are looking for an Education Sales Manager to join our team and drive sales of our education products. The Education Sales Manager will be responsible for managing the sales cycle from prospecting to closing, developing and driving sales strategies, and meeting or exceeding sales targets. This position will require a high level of customer service, relationship building, and communication skills. You will be doing the following:
- Quickly learn all about Glowforge and our customers, from the depths of the technology to the delight of how they use it.
- Working with education clients who are considering a Glowforge printer, you’ll articulate and efficiently present our solution to close opportunities. You’ll respond positively to hesitation and objections, too.
- Build sales opportunities, increasing sales by calling and influencing at all levels into accounts, and understand customers needs and aspirations.
- Work to prepare forecasts and build out useful and realistic territory plans and strategies to achieve sales growth opportunities.
You need these qualifications:
- Consultative selling experience in education.
- Delivered on short term goals, while delivering delight for customers.
- Driven personality with high energy level.
- Experience selling technology products, particularly SAAS and/or hardware.
- You’ve assisted lots of people through purchase decisions and know how to raise conversion rates and happiness - simultaneously.
It would be nice if...
- You’re experienced with one or more design tools like Illustrator, Photoshop, Inkscape, or CAD programs.
- You love making things - knitting, woodworking, 3D printing, furniture building - it doesn’t matter what.
- You have worked at a university, startup, and/or fast-growing technology company.
In your cover letter, in addition to whatever you’d like to say, please tell us about the product or feature you’re most proud of in your portfolio. What about it makes you grin from ear to ear?
There's one more very important thing. We are an equal opportunity employer. We search for amazing people with a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We take care of each other to create an inclusive work environment where we love to come to work every day. We'd be happy to provide reasonable accommodations to help you apply - just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to have you join us.