Greenville, South Carolina
Students & Grads /
Purpose: Access to affordable, reliable transportation is essential to leading productive work and personal lives, caring well for oneself, one’s family, and the needs of others. Through advanced analytics and technology, we can more accurately predict credit risk and provide more people with an affordable auto financing option for their next vehicle. That’s what GLS has done for the past 10 years, helping more than 450,000 people meet and improve their transportation needs.
People: Join a culture of over 1,000 employees who Care Deeply and Think Boldly, driving innovation in an adaptive and positive culture that celebrates successes. We empower and reward individuals and teams who make direct, positive impacts to the business and each other, who take pride in their work and are ever-raising the bar.
Growth: Recognized by Inc 5000 for the past 7 consecutive years as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America. Join GLS to grow with us!
Benefits: GLS offers the below great benefits for your amazing work!
o Competitive base pay and performance bonuses, dependent on role.
o Medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, and other supplemental insurance benefits, including long-term and short-term disability
o 401K with employer match and 100% immediate vesting
o Paid time off (PTO) and paid company holidays to help you balance work and personal life
o Tuition Reimbursement
o Parental Leave
o Business casual work environment
***This posting is to enter our campus recruiting and entry-level process for position offers being made for May 2024***
What does it mean to be in Human Resources at GLS?
All of the HR departments are important to the success of GLS with critical roles such as human resources administration, human resources consulting, talent acquisition, and learning and development.
The day-to-day activities will vary based on the group but could include the following:
Human Resources Administration
- You will support the processes and documentation for certain employee benefits
- You will process paperwork and set-up accounts in relevant systems for all newly hired associates
- You will deliver requested information and reports as scheduled or requested
- You will maintain employment files and other required documents to ensure regulatory compliance
Human Resources Consulting
- Using performance data from operational units, you will deliver core HR processes for managing performance, developing talent, building thoughtful career pathing, and deeply engaging individuals and teams
- You will conduct thorough and objective employee relations investigations as necessary; establish and implement proper steps for corrective action(s)
- You will monitor and drive enhancements of key HR programs such as onboarding, performance management, and employee relations; developing and implementing new processes as necessary
- You will foster a collaborative culture that facilitates the achievement of business plan objectives by working closely with other associates and members of management
- You will source, through various forms of advertising and/or vendor networks, to provide both active and passive quality candidates for all open positions within a timely manner
- You will coordinate all pre-employment background review processes, ensuring selected candidates meet organizational standards
- You will participate in organizing and implementing college recruiting initiatives
- You will research and participate in career fairs and networking events to increase awareness of company brand
- You will own administrative HR functions, including onboarding, employee referral program, and other administrative duties as necessary
Learning & Development
- You will maintain existing training curriculum for assigned training programs
- Using professional adult-learning methodologies and theory, you will research and implement best practice approaches to training delivery and development
- You will support learners’ success both inside the classroom and after training has been delivered, including spending time with and answering questions as learners perform daily job functions
- You will use measurement methodology to accurately gauge and be accountable for the effectiveness of training
What should you already have to be successful in this role?
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree required
- Basic knowledge of HR concepts required
- Strong drive, ambition, and self-motivation
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Commitment to exemplifying the organizational core values and key competencies
- Ability to learn quickly and think on your feet
- Prepared to roll up your sleeves and work hard to accomplish your goals
- Great communication skills
GLS participates in the E-Verify program to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees
Please visit www.glsauto.com for information about our great company and other amazing opportunities
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws