Greenville, South Carolina
Students & Grads /
Purpose: Access to affordable, reliable transportation is essential to leading productive work and personal lives, caring well for oneself, one’s family, and the needs of others. Through advanced analytics and technology, we can more accurately predict credit risk and provide more people with an affordable auto financing option for their next vehicle. That’s what GLS has done for the past 10 years, helping more than 450,000 people meet and improve their transportation needs.
People: Join a culture of over 1,000 employees who Care Deeply and Think Boldly, driving innovation in an adaptive and positive culture that celebrates successes. We empower and reward individuals and teams who make direct, positive impacts to the business and each other, who take pride in their work and are ever-raising the bar.
Growth: Recognized by Inc 5000 for the past 7 consecutive years as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America. Join GLS to grow with us!
Benefits: GLS offers the below great benefits for your amazing work!
o Competitive base pay and performance bonuses, dependent on role.
o Medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, and other supplemental insurance benefits, including long-term and short-term disability
o 401K with employer match and 100% immediate vesting
o Paid time off (PTO) and paid company holidays to help you balance work and personal life
o Tuition Reimbursement
o Parental Leave
o Business casual work environment
***This posting is to enter our campus recruiting and entry-level process for position offers being made for May 2024***
What does it mean to be in Analytics at GLS?
GLS is a highly analytic-driven company whose business model of providing auto loans to consumers through dealership partners has greatly thrived because of the great work our Analysts do. As an Analyst at GLS, you will work on solving important problems by deploying great critical thinking, education-based skill sets you’ve worked hard to obtain, and your demonstrated ability to learn new ideas and domains and turn knowledge into applied solutions.
Analysts play various roles across our company, taking on a variety of assignments within GLS business and operational areas. You will interact with team members both within your own area and cross-functionally, learning how the business is run and how to drive improvements, while gaining solid exposure to senior management.
The day-to-day activities will vary based on the group but could include the following:
Product, Pricing, and Partnership Business Analysts
- The Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing and improving all aspects of the application processing, automated underwriting, and pricing decision cycle within a highly competitive marketplace.
- Business Analysts bring several skill and knowledge sets to bear, including data acquisition from the data warehouse and other sources, visual analytics, estimation and simulation procedures, cash flow, and rate of return modeling.
- Business Analysts are often asking and analytically answering questions such as: what type of change is needed to optimize profit, or drive more volume? How can we better understand the impacts of the changes we’ve made in the past? What new product features and offerings will be more compelling to our dealer-partners? What insights can we gain from our competitors? What KPI’s should be developed? What are those KPI trends telling us?
- The Operations Analyst is responsible for analyzing and improving key aspects of business operations and processes utilized to execute workflows, tasks, and operational procedures of systems and people. Business partners include Sales, Buying, Funding, Collections, Recoveries, Customer Service, and Compliance.
- Operations Analysts bring several skill and knowledge sets to bear, including data acquisition from the data warehouse and other sources, visual analytics, estimation and simulation procedures, forecasting, process mapping, operational efficiency and effectiveness assessment, and solution engineering.
- Operations Analysts are often asking and analytically answering questions such as: how efficient is a given process, how effective is it? How can a process be improved? What are the staffing levels needed for call centers, and why? What is the optimal contract strategy and how should we optimize workflow queues? What are the key performance measures to assess the performance of operational roles such as salespeople, buyers, funders, and call center performers? Which activities should we outsource, and to whom? How can we more effectively recover losses from repossessions through repo auction sales? What level of delinquencies and losses do we expect in the next few months within collection stages? Who should we provide a loan extension to? What KPI’s are needed, and how should they be produced and monitored by operations staff?
What should you already have to be successful in this role?
- External candidates require a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Computer, Information Technology, or a related field
- Proficient computer skills and ability to quickly learn new computer applications as required. Working knowledge of SQL and/or Python preferred
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills while presenting ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Intrinsically motivated with demonstrated ability to take initiative, identify needs, make recommendations for improvement, see recommendations through implementation, and evaluate improvements for effectiveness
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: friendly and tactful with the ability to influence others, effectively manage conflict, exercise sound judgment, effectively manage highly sensitive and confidential information, interact at all levels within the organization, and build cross-functional partnerships across the business
GLS participates in the E-Verify program to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees
Please visit www.glsauto.com for information about our great company and other amazing opportunities
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws