Greenville, South Carolina
Students & Grads /
Purpose: Access to affordable, reliable transportation is essential to leading productive work and personal lives, caring well for oneself, one’s family, and the needs of others. Through advanced analytics and technology, we can more accurately predict credit risk and provide more people with an affordable auto financing option for their next vehicle. That’s what GLS has done for the past 10 years, helping more than 450,000 people meet and improve their transportation needs.
People: Join a culture of over 1,000 employees who Care Deeply and Think Boldly, driving innovation in an adaptive and positive culture that celebrates successes. We empower and reward individuals and teams who make direct, positive impacts to the business and each other, who take pride in their work and are ever-raising the bar.
Growth: Recognized by Inc 5000 for the past 7 consecutive years as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America. Join GLS to grow with us!
Benefits: GLS offers the below great benefits for your amazing work!
o Competitive base pay and performance bonuses, dependent on role.
o Medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, and other supplemental insurance benefits, including long-term and short-term disability
o 401K with employer match and 100% immediate vesting
o Paid time off (PTO) and paid company holidays to help you balance work and personal life
o Tuition Reimbursement
o Parental Leave
o Business casual work environment
***This posting is to enter our campus recruiting and entry-level process for position offers being made for May 2024***
What does it mean to be in Accounting at GLS?
Whether you are on the Financial Reporting team or the Accounting Operations team, the Accounting Department serves as the ultimate source for all of the financial information of GLS. This critical role allows GLS to confidently make financial decisions for the future, provide accurate reporting for our stakeholders, and ensure the company’s continued access to the capital markets.
The day-to-day activities will vary based on the group but could include the following:
- You will assist in daily accounting operations, including paying invoices, assisting with payment processing, and coordinating with other departments for customer cash disbursements
- You will assist with month-end closing journal entries for standard accruals, reclassifications, and coordinating with financial planning and analysis on operating expense budgeting and fixed assets
- You will supervise the preparation of monthly bank reconciliations and prepare monthly general ledger reconciliations
- You will assist in the development of processes to keep the Accounting Department agile with ever-changing business needs
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual regulatory and/or tax reporting
- Communicate and work with external auditors and internal stake holders
- Research and assist in development of processes to account for regulatory accounting matters, complicated financial transactions, and entity formation
What should you already have to be successful in this role?
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree required
- Strong drive, ambition, and self-motivation
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Commitment to exemplifying the organizational core values and key competencies
- Ability to learn quickly and think on your feet
- Prepared to roll up your sleeves and work hard to accomplish your goals
- Great communication skills
GLS participates in the E-Verify program to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees
Please visit www.glsauto.com for information about our great company and other amazing opportunities
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws