Finance & Tax
Greenville, South Carolina
Students & Grads /
Purpose: Access to affordable, reliable transportation is essential to leading productive work and personal lives, caring well for oneself, one’s family, and the needs of others. Through advanced analytics and technology, we can more accurately predict credit risk and provide more people with an affordable auto financing option for their next vehicle. That’s what GLS has done for the past 10 years, helping more than 450,000 people meet and improve their transportation needs.
People: Join a culture of over 1,000 employees who Care Deeply and Think Boldly, driving innovation in an adaptive and positive culture that celebrates successes. We empower and reward individuals and teams who make direct, positive impacts to the business and each other, who take pride in their work and are ever-raising the bar.
Growth: Recognized by Inc 5000 for the past 7 consecutive years as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America. Join GLS to grow with us!
Benefits: GLS offers the below great benefits for your amazing work!
o Competitive base pay and performance bonuses, dependent on role.
o Medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, and other supplemental insurance benefits, including long-term and short-term disability
o 401K with employer match and 100% immediate vesting
o Paid time off (PTO) and paid company holidays to help you balance work and personal life
o Tuition Reimbursement
o Parental Leave
o Business casual work environment
***This posting is to enter our campus recruiting and entry-level process for position offers being made for May 2024***
What does it mean to be in Finance at GLS?
All of the Finance groups are important to the success of GLS with critical roles such as raising capital, analyzing financial scenarios, reporting financial results to the Board of Directors and other key stakeholders, and ensuring the soundness of financial information to senior management and the capital markets in which GLS participates. The financial analysts will join small and close-knit groups that are building and refining these functions at GLS, with the ability to gain exposure to senior management and make an immediate impact.
The day-to-day activities will vary based on the group but could include the following:
Treasury and Capital Markets
- Manage daily liquidity and cash transactions of GLS by coordinating borrowing requests with credit facilities, allocating cash to segregated accounts, and funding acquisition of new loans
- Support the structuring and issuance of asset-backed securities sold to institutional investors and other capital markets activities
- Assist in the execution of loan sale transactions to third parties
- Prepare monthly performance reports in conjunction with credit facilities, securitizations, and sold loan pools
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Update and maintain the GLS enterprise five-year financial model, which forecasts earnings, liquidity needs and key performance ratios for key decision-makers
- Manage a financial model that projects cash flows for pools of loans for purposes of determining return metrics and supporting the enterprise financial model
- Update and maintain the department budget process, identify key monthly variances to budget and explain them to senior management; prepare materials for monthly and quarterly communications with department heads
- Build and maintain detailed cost forecasts by department as necessary
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual regulatory and/or tax reporting
- Communicate and work with external auditors and internal stake holders
- Research and assist in development of processes to account for regulatory accounting matters, complicated financial transactions, and entity formation
What should you already have to be successful in this role?
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering, or a related field required
- Basic knowledge of accounting and financial concepts required
- Strong analytical, problem solving, data gathering, and analysis skills required
- Strong Excel skills required; basic knowledge least one computer coding language (VBA, SQL) preferred
- High level of intellectual curiosity required including the inclination and ability to understand the drivers of financial results and the overall financial picture of the organization at a high-level
- High level of professional maturity; verbal and written communication skills necessary to interact with senior management required
- Strong drive, ambition, and self-motivation; ‘self-starter’ with the ability to independently resolve day-today issues
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Team player that can adapt in a fast paced and changing environment
- Commitment to exemplifying the organizational core values and key competencies
GLS participates in the E-Verify program to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees
Please visit www.glsauto.com for information about our great company and other amazing opportunities
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws