Legal & Compliance
Greenville, South Carolina
Students & Grads /
Purpose: Access to affordable, reliable transportation is essential to leading productive work and personal lives, caring well for oneself, one’s family, and the needs of others. Through advanced analytics and technology, we can more accurately predict credit risk and provide more people with an affordable auto financing option for their next vehicle. That’s what GLS has done for the past 10 years, helping more than 450,000 people meet and improve their transportation needs.
People: Join a culture of over 1,000 employees who Care Deeply and Think Boldly, driving innovation in an adaptive and positive culture that celebrates successes. We empower and reward individuals and teams who make direct, positive impacts to the business and each other, who take pride in their work and are ever-raising the bar.
Growth: Recognized by Inc 5000 for the past 7 consecutive years as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America. Join GLS to grow with us!
Benefits: GLS offers the below great benefits for your amazing work!
o Competitive base pay and performance bonuses, dependent on role.
o Medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, and other supplemental insurance benefits, including long-term and short-term disability
o 401K with employer match and 100% immediate vesting
o Paid time off (PTO) and paid company holidays to help you balance work and personal life
o Tuition Reimbursement
o Parental Leave
o Business casual work environment
***This posting is to enter our campus recruiting and entry-level process for position offers being made for May 2024***
What does it mean to be in Legal & Compliance at GLS?
As part of the Legal and Compliance departments, you are important to the success of GLS by ensuring that we are adhering to the legal and compliance regulations that the organization is held to.
The day-to-day activities will vary based on the group but could include the following:
- You will assist with the maintenance of a comprehensive GLS Audit Universe and Risk Assessment
- You will assist with the development and completion of the Audit Plan
- You will work collaboratively with management to identify risks and concerns within each area and to develop audit procedures and testing that are aligned with those risks and concerns
- You will execute testing procedures to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls
- You will report audit results and recommendations to management over the course of the audit and during exit meetings
- You will prepare and issue formal Audit Reports to communicate results to management and the Enterprise Risk Committee
- You will complete, submit, and monitor the status of state licensing applications and license renewals for the company and any related special purpose entities
- You will coordinate response to examinations from state-level regulatory bodies, including investigating requests, compiling responsive documents, and preparing draft written responses for approval by the General Counsel
- You will work with General Counsel and outside counsel to support pre-litigation and litigation activities at all stages
- You will work collaboratively with operations management and perform thorough investigations of complaint allegations and document the results
- You will work collaboratively with Compliance associates and management to identify regulatory requirements related to various organizational functions
- You will use SQL and other tools to design and build reports and programs to monitor compliance with the requirements
- You will work with IT to place validated reports into production to gain efficiencies
- You will continuously expand the program to cover additional or new requirements
- You will maintain documentation and descriptions for each program
What should you already have to be successful in this role?
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree required
- Strong drive, ambition, and self-motivation;
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Commitment to exemplifying the organizational core values and key competencies
- Ability to learn quickly and think on your feet
- Prepared to roll up your sleeves and work hard to accomplish your goals
- Great communication skills
GLS participates in the E-Verify program to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees
Please visit www.glsauto.com for information about our great company and other amazing opportunities
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws