Glu Sports – Production
GluSports is a studio with a strong culture of ownership and agency. We work in a lively, collaborative environment and are passionate about producing the types of games and content that we’d love to play. We’ve had amazing success with MLB Tap Sports Baseball, and we’re developing and launching our new Deer Hunter title this year as well! Our studio prides itself on having intensely driven people who love having a great time at work and being part of a winning team.
The Technical Producer will help to guide development, focused on assisting team coordination and execution on any and all of our games in development. You will safeguard the quality standard that we work toward, and be involved in important decisions that shape how we make games. The ideal candidate is well-rounded and eager to add value at every stage of development. You'll help us with all aspects of game development and take on a variety of tasks all while owning and driving development of our titles!
You'll most often be:
- Owning and Driving development of our free-to-play sports mobile games including, Feature detail planning and scoping, tracking, stimulating team-wide communication while being the hub of day-to-day development.
- Motivating and Identifying issues before they arise, doing what it takes to stimulate progress and get things done!
- Researching, Debugging, and fixing live game issues both using tools and in code
- Mentoring and working with Engineers including help them solve coding problems
- Handling tech-related production tasks such as manually merging files, generating and testing asset bundles, etc.
- Jumping into code to research issues, debug problems, and occasionally develop features
- Hiring and training Engineers, Artists, and other team members
- Overseeing detail-level production work such as Game Data definition and generation
- Ensureing team delivers on-time, stable, high-quality product
Your experience should include:
- At least 5 years of professional game development experience
- At least one shipped mobile game
- Engineering Management, Coding, or Technical background
- Experience with successful Free-to-Play, social, and/or casual games
- Strong process and organizational skills
- Strong people management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt easily to change
Bonus points if you have:
- Wide knowledge of mobile games
- Unity Engine experience
- Passionate sports fan