Senior Software Engineer, Lab Informatics
Cambridge, MA /
Data Science and Engineering /
Glympse Bio is pioneering the development of synthetic biomarkers – biochemical sensors developed using breakthroughs in science, engineering, medicine and artificial intelligence – that are engineered to be perfectly tunable to any disease and offer earlier measures of response to disease and treatment. Our synthetic biomarkers are administered to patients and tailor-made to query the activity of key biological targets such as proteases – a class of enzymes that drive critical disease pathways. We are building a novel biomarker technology platform from the ground up, laying the foundation for innovative diagnostics which combines nanotechnology with AI to improve the lives of potentially millions of patients worldwide.
We are a vibrant and dedicated team working at the forefront of scientific discovery and clinical development. We are agile, resilient, and creative problem solvers. We are committed to bringing the best products to patients and at Glympse you will have the opportunity to work alongside a high functioning, interdisciplinary and collaborative team to develop an entirely new diagnostic modality.
We are looking for a talented software engineer to help build the scientific data platform of the company. As the research team establishes and scales up its automated workflows, you will collaborate with stakeholders in the lab to create software applications and data pipelines that will be critical to our growth. Success in this role will require a curiosity about how stakeholders will interact with the applications we create, as well as the ability to develop software that grows over time.
This position provides the opportunity to shape the vision for computational infrastructure of a groundbreaking new diagnostic tool with significant impact and visibility across the company. You will have the opportunity to lay the foundation for a sophisticated computational platform which combines nanotechnology with AI to improve the lives of potentially millions of patients worldwide.
- Drive the implementation of data pipelines for our analysis platform, which are deployed on a serverless cloud-based system.
- Support the implementation of the laboratory informatics management platform used by the high-throughput sensor screening team and other research groups.
- Participate in cross-functional projects spanning teams across the company; high-throughput screening, data science, biology, and chemistry.
- Work with technical leaders in the company to align on best practices for application development and technical solutions. Participate in code reviews and architectural planning.
- Rapidly prototype solutions to emerging problems and lead their evolution into production-grade systems.
- 3+ years developing applications on a production software development team
- Demonstrated ability to understand stakeholder needs and translate them into robust software solutions.
- A demonstrated ability to understand stakeholder needs and translate them into robust software solutions.
- An ability to work independently and make implementation choices based on high-level designs.
- 3+ years developing applications on a production software development team.
- 1+ years deploying applications on serverless cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- 1+ years developing in Python
- 1+ years deploying software via containers (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience developing relational data models
- Experience developing against and interacting with a LIMS system (e.g. Benchling, SampleManager), or other physical logistics systems
- UI development experience (e.g. Dash, React)
- Clear communication and documentation practices
- Experience gathering requirements from stakeholders and delivering features iteratively
- Passion for creating technology that positively impacts human health
The Ideal Candidate:
· Brings courage, character, humility, and energy to work every day
· Is motivated to improve the lives of the people they serve
· Is excited about what might be possible, sees problems as challenges to be overcome, and is driven by curiosity and creativity
· Is optimistic and committed to Glympse’s mission
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.