Senior Data Engineer
Cambridge, MA /
Data Science and Engineering /
Glympse Bio is pioneering the development of synthetic biomarkers – biochemical sensors developed using breakthroughs in science, engineering, medicine and artificial intelligence – that are engineered to be tunable to a range of diseases and offer earlier measures of response to disease and treatment. Our breakthrough technology measures protein activity from a blood draw to revolutionize disease diagnosis and monitoring. We are building a novel biomarker technology platform from the ground up, laying the foundation for innovative diagnostics which combines nanotechnology with AI to improve the lives of potentially millions of patients worldwide.
We are a vibrant and dedicated team working at the forefront of scientific discovery and clinical development. We are agile, resilient, and creative problem solvers. We are committed to bringing the best products to patients and at Glympse you will have the opportunity to work alongside a high functioning, interdisciplinary and collaborative team to develop an entirely new diagnostic modality.
We are looking for a talented data engineer to help build the scientific data platform of the company. As the research team establishes and scales up its automated workflows, you will create data pipelines and warehousing solutions that will be essential to scaling scientific research. The key stakeholders of this data platform will be both scientific researchers and the Data Science team. Success in this role will require a curiosity about how stakeholders think about their data, and what needs they have in both a development and production context.
This position provides the opportunity to create the data platform of a groundbreaking new diagnostic tool with significant impact and visibility across the company. You will have the opportunity to lay the foundation for a sophisticated computational platform which combines nanotechnology with AI to improve the lives of potentially millions of patients worldwide.
- Develop and manage all aspects of the data warehouse for the research team’s inventory and experimental data to support both development and clinical research efforts.
- Work with stakeholders in the lab and on the Data Science team and deliver solutions that address their needs for scientific research.
- Design and implement automated pipeline for loading experimental data generated by laboratory machines into our data warehouse.
- Enable exploration of data in the warehouse by researchers and scientists. Ensure reliability of the platform and consistency of the data set.
- Adapt machine learning pipeline developed in research for clinical diagnostic platform.
- Iterate through architecture and prototypes and lead their evolution into production-grade systems.
- Participate in cross-functional projects spanning teams across the company; high-throughput screening, data science, biology, and chemistry.
- Work with technical leaders in the company to align on best practices for application development and technical solutions. Participate in code reviews and architectural planning.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the data needs of a business context, and translate them into robust and scalable analytics systems.
- Ability to work independently and make implementation choices based on high-level designs.
- 3+ years developing processes and tooling for a data warehouse on a production software development team.
- Experience developing in object-oriented and/or functional programming paradigms (e.g. Python, Java)
- 1+ years developing in Python
- 1+ years deploying software via containers (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience developing relational data models
- Experience developing against and interacting with a LIMS system (e.g. Benchling, SampleManager), or other physical logistics systems
- Clear communication and documentation practices
- Experience working on a software team in a structured planning environment (e.g. Agile, Kanban, etc)
The Ideal Candidate
· Brings courage, character, humility, and energy to work every day
· Is motivated to improve the lives of the people they serve
· Is excited about what might be possible, sees problems as challenges to be overcome, and is driven by curiosity and creativity
· Is optimistic and committed to Glympse’s mission
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.