Senior Scientist, Oncology
Cambridge, MA /
Glympse Bio is pioneering the development of synthetic biomarkers – biochemical sensors developed using breakthroughs in science, engineering, medicine and artificial intelligence – that are engineered to be tunable to a range of diseases and offer earlier measures of response to disease and treatment. Our breakthrough technology measures protein activity from a blood draw to revolutionize disease diagnosis and monitoring. We are building a novel biomarker technology platform from the ground up, laying the foundation for innovative diagnostics which combines nanotechnology with AI to improve the lives of potentially millions of patients worldwide.
We are a vibrant and dedicated team working at the forefront of scientific discovery and clinical development. We are agile, resilient, and creative problem solvers. We are committed to bringing the best products to patients and at Glympse you will have the opportunity to work alongside a high functioning, interdisciplinary and collaborative team to develop an entirely new diagnostic modality.
Reporting to the head of biology, this innovative biologist will lead and drive early discovery efforts and implement biomarker programs for new diagnostic indications, including liver oncology. Relevant experience in oncology, human cellular and molecular biology are key qualifications for the success of this scientific leader. The ideal candidate will approach this role with creativity, resourcefulness, and adaptability, while possessing a passion and determination to succeed at the bench. This candidate will also share our focus on operational excellence and deep scientific rigor in order to transform diagnostic paradigms for oncology.
- In collaboration with research groups, lead biomarker development for liver oncology or related disease programs, including pharmacokinetics and molecular proof-of-mechanisms.
- Direct in vitro, preclinical and early clinical research to develop, validate and implement biomarkers and pharmacodynamic mechanism assays.
- Design and execute experiments to evaluate biomarker target dependency, off target liabilities, phenotypic responses, and identify roles in disease pathogenesis.
- Regularly present research to the integrated project team, highlighting implications for the broader program.
- Process, interpret, and communicate data to multidisciplinary project teams.
- Appropriately document experimental procedures and results according to established guidelines using LIMS systems.
- Identify new directions for research and contributes to Glympse Bio’s culture of innovation.
- Act as a key contributor to scientific publications.
- Ph.D. in oncology, immuno-oncology, or related discipline and 5+ years’ experience in a postdoc and/or biotech industry setting developing biomarkers
- Prior experience leading a program or target selection
- Experience in Python, R, Studio or other coding software to analyze and interpret large datasets is a plus
- Proven success collaborating with interdisciplinary teams such as chemistry, clinical research, and data science; success managing external CROs or collaborations is a plus
- Deep expertise in oncology pathways and drug innovation landscape is a plus
- Ability to approach work with a proactive and collaborative mindset
- Independently learn, understand, and utilize current and developing industry techniques, and standards in a rapidly changing field
- Highly adaptable and comfortable in an environment with dynamic priority demands
- Strong publication and presentation record with engagement in national scientific meetings
- Self-motivated and effective at managing multiple projects in parallel
- Strong oral, written, and presentation communications skills
- Previous experience managing direct report(s)
- Rigorous and conscientious, exhibiting care and thoroughness in data interpretation
- Thrives in a collaborative, dynamic and fast-paced work environment
The Ideal Candidate
· Brings courage, character, humility, and energy to work every day
· Is motivated to improve the lives of the people they serve
· Is excited about what might be possible, sees problems as challenges to be overcome, and is driven by curiosity and creativity
· Is optimistic and committed to Glympse’s mission
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.