Senior Research Associate, Chemistry
Cambridge, MA /
Glympse Bio is pioneering the development of synthetic biomarkers – biochemical sensors developed using breakthroughs in science, engineering, medicine and artificial intelligence – that are engineered to be tunable to a range of diseases and offer earlier measures of response to disease and treatment. Our breakthrough technology measures protein activity from a blood draw to revolutionize disease diagnosis and monitoring. We are building a novel biomarker technology platform from the ground up, laying the foundation for innovative diagnostics which combines nanotechnology with AI to improve the lives of potentially millions of patients worldwide.
We are a vibrant and dedicated team working at the forefront of scientific discovery and clinical development. We are agile, resilient, and creative problem solvers. We are committed to bringing the best products to patients and at Glympse you will have the opportunity to work alongside a high functioning, interdisciplinary and collaborative team to develop an entirely new diagnostic modality.
The chemistry team at Glympse is searching for an innovative, motivated, and inquisitive scientist to help advance our scientific programs along the development pipeline. Using Glympse’s liquid biopsy platform, the ideal candidate will leverage their technical experience in assay development and screening to further understand the progression of proteolysis in autoimmune diseases. As a member of the chemistry team, you will have the opportunity to interface with stakeholders across different research functions (chemistry, biology, and informatics) to contribute to groundbreaking clinical advancements. You will execute this role in a challenging and engaging atmosphere, unleashing your scientific passion, creativity, and intellectual curiosity to improve upon the diagnostic landscape for enhanced quality of patient care.
- In collaboration with Research groups (Chemistry, biology, informatics,) contribute to biomarker development for inflammation or related disease programs, including assay discovery and molecular proof-of-mechanisms.
- Proactively employ a breadth of analytical and biochemical techniques to determine protease abundance, activity, and mechanism of action in complex biofluids including: FRET, HPLC, LC-MS, ELISA, and UV-vis spectrophotometry.
- Design and execute experiments to evaluate biomarker target dependency, off target liabilities, and phenotypic responses, identifying role in disease pathogenesis.
- Identifies new directions for research and contributes to Glympse Bio’s culture of innovation.
- Execute, troubleshoot, and optimize standard protocols, and survey scientific literature to inform the development of additional assays.
- Rigorously document experimental procedures and results according to established guidelines using LIMS systems.
- Act as a key contributor to scientific publications.
- BS or MS in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, or biomedical engineering or similar discipline with 2+ years of relevant laboratory research experience
- Experience with plate-based assays using absorbance, fluorescence, and/or luminescence readouts
- Experience with ELISA a plus
- Experience with liquid handlers for high throughput and controlled transfer of volumes into 384 and 96 well plates a plus
- Passionate about scientific discovery, self-motivated, curious, and eager to learn new skills and contribute to the success of the organization
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and critical thinking skills, and the ability to thrive in an interdisciplinary and idea-rich environment
- Capability to design and execute thoughtful experiments, troubleshoot, and implement innovative solutions
The Ideal Candidate
· Brings courage, character, humility, and energy to work every day
· Is motivated to improve the lives of the people they serve
· Is excited about what might be possible, sees problems as challenges to be overcome, and is driven by curiosity and creativity
· Is optimistic and committed to Glympse’s mission
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.