Director, Product Development
Cambridge, MA /
Product Development /
Glympse Bio is pioneering the development of synthetic biomarkers – biochemical sensors developed using breakthroughs in science, engineering, medicine and artificial intelligence – that are engineered to be tunable to a range of diseases and offer earlier measures of response to disease and treatment. Our breakthrough technology measures protein activity from a blood draw to revolutionize disease diagnosis and monitoring. We are building a novel biomarker technology platform from the ground up, laying the foundation for innovative diagnostics which combines nanotechnology with AI to improve the lives of potentially millions of patients worldwide.
We are a vibrant and dedicated team working at the forefront of scientific discovery and clinical development. We are agile, resilient, and creative problem solvers. We are committed to bringing the best products to patients and at Glympse you will have the opportunity to work alongside a high functioning, interdisciplinary and collaborative team to develop an entirely new diagnostic modality.
The Director of Product Development is responsible for leading the development and transfer of molecular diagnostic assays using Glympse’s protease activity platform. This role spans development from early-stage concepts through product commercialization and post-launch improvements. The successful candidate will have a strong background in diagnostics, molecular assays, and be able to drive fast-paced product development and technology innovation in a startup environment.
- Develop robust diagnostic products from research proof of concept to commercialization and post-launch improvements.
- Develop a product roadmap to ensure achievement of product development objectives for the Glympse technology in alignment with overall corporate strategy.
- Oversee assay experimental design, optimization, SOP development, and risk mitigation in support of product development.
- Assess challenges that may impact assay performance; lead the development and implementation of risk mitigation plans.
- Lead the evaluation of technology performance on multiple sample types, such as plasma, serum, and other biofluids.
- Oversee the transfer of assays from R&D to clinical testing laboratories.
- Select and manage suppliers and other development partners.
- Regularly communicate development program status with reports, presentations, and other materials to support business activities.
- Mentor and develop a team; communicate goals clearly to employees to ensure success.
- Partner with Research, Clinical and Commercial to support clinical studies, product launches, and regulatory submissions.
- Identify and resolve issues through effective cross-functional influence to ensure development plans stay on track.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field
- 10+ years of experience working in an academic or industry labs with a proven track record of developing diagnostic methods and applying to clinical samples
- Successful diagnostic development and commercialization – moving early-stage technologies from feasibility into product development and transfer to CLIA laboratories
- Experience developing and managing product/technology roadmaps
- Technical understanding of molecular diagnostics; experience with protein and/or enzyme-based diagnostics preferred
- Strong familiarity with sample collection protocols, automation platforms, and molecular assay chemistry
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues, both individually and as part of a team
- Understanding of IVD regulatory requirements including CLIA
- Experience selecting and managing third-party suppliers and development partners
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally – from technical to commercial and across technical disciplines
- Experience building teams and creating a strong team culture; ability to lead, motivate, and manage staff
- Ability to guide both internal and external partners through transparent project planning
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to creatively solve ambiguous challenges
The Ideal Candidate
· Brings courage, character, humility, and energy to work every day
· Is motivated to improve the lives of the people they serve
· Is excited about what might be possible, sees problems as challenges to be overcome, and is driven by curiosity and creativity
· Is optimistic and committed to Glympse’s mission
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.