Translational Data Scientist/Computational Biologist
Cambridge, MA /
Data Science and Engineering /
Glympse Bio is pioneering the development of synthetic biomarkers – biochemical sensors developed using breakthroughs in science, engineering, medicine and artificial intelligence – that are engineered to be tunable to a range of diseases and offer earlier measures of response to disease and treatment. Our breakthrough technology measures protein activity from a blood draw to revolutionize disease diagnosis and monitoring. We are building a novel biomarker technology platform from the ground up, laying the foundation for innovative diagnostics which combines nanotechnology with AI to improve the lives of potentially millions of patients worldwide.
We are a vibrant and dedicated team working at the forefront of scientific discovery and clinical development. We are agile, resilient, and creative problem solvers. We are committed to bringing the best products to patients and at Glympse you will have the opportunity to work alongside a high functioning, interdisciplinary and collaborative team to develop an entirely new diagnostic modality.
The Glympse Bio data science and engineering team works alongside the chemistry, biology, and product development teams to collaboratively develop biosensors that will diagnose and monitor disease. We are looking for a driven data scientist, bioinformatician or computational biologist with expertise in analysis of high-throughput protein or sequencing data and domain knowledge in immunology or immuno-oncology.
The ideal candidate will be a highly collaborative individual, able to work at the intersection of data science and other teams to translate our understanding of disease biology and Glympse Bio’s innovative biosensors into clear and defined disease diagnostics insights. This essential team member will share our focus on operational excellence and deep scientific rigor to transform the diagnostic paradigm of chronic diseases.
- Design and perform analyses of high-dimensional biomarker data and clinical variables to test and discover biosensors characteristic of disease.
- Develop innovative analytical approaches with translational impact for high-throughput protease degradomes data and real-world data.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborations with other Glympse functions such platform discovery and clinical programs.
- Contribute to planning, execution, interpretation, and communication of innovative exploratory biomarker analyses, to facilitate internal decision making, publications and support diagnostic assay’s development.
- MS or Ph.D. and 5+ years in data science, bioinformatics, or computational biology; 2+ years’ experience in biotech / pharma
- Extensive practical experience and track record of implementing advanced quantitative methods in omics data analysis to influence decision making and deliver business impact
- Strong knowledge and understanding of machine learning, deep learning, and statistical methods; knowledge of longitudinal modeling and real-world evidence (RWE) data is plus
- Experience with Python programming language, at least one statistical language (R) and at least one database language (SQL)
- Expertise in immunology or immuno-oncology preferred
- Familiarity with cloud systems (e.g., AWS) and related data architectures
- Detail-oriented, thorough, and rigorous in data analyses and data interpretation.
- Proven success collaborating with interdisciplinary teams in a fast-paced environment
- Independently learn, understand, and utilize current and developing industry techniques, and standards in a rapidly changing field
- Highly adaptable and comfortable in an environment with dynamic priority demands
- Self-motivated and effective at managing multiple projects in parallel
- Strong oral, written, and presentation communications skills
- Thrives in a collaborative, dynamic and fast-paced work environment
The Ideal Candidate
· Brings courage, character, humility, and energy to work every day
· Is motivated to improve the lives of the people they serve
· Is excited about what might be possible, sees problems as challenges to be overcome, and is driven by curiosity and creativity
· Is optimistic and committed to Glympse’s mission
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.