Technology Development Engineer
Cambridge, MA /
Glympse Bio is pioneering the development of synthetic biomarkers – biochemical sensors developed using breakthroughs in science, engineering, medicine and artificial intelligence – that are engineered to be tunable to a range of diseases and offer earlier measures of response to disease and treatment. Our breakthrough technology measures protein activity from a blood draw to revolutionize disease diagnosis and monitoring. We are building a novel biomarker technology platform from the ground up, laying the foundation for innovative diagnostics which combines nanotechnology with AI to improve the lives of potentially millions of patients worldwide.
We are a vibrant and dedicated team working at the forefront of scientific discovery and clinical development. We are agile, resilient, and creative problem solvers. We are committed to bringing the best products to patients and at Glympse you will have the opportunity to work alongside a high functioning, interdisciplinary and collaborative team to develop an entirely new diagnostic modality.
You will be part of a vibrant and dedicated company working at the forefront of scientific discovery and clinical development. We are committed to bringing the best products to patients and your role will be essential to providing Glympse Bio with world class capabilities that can be game changing for the field. You will be leading Technology Development efforts and will have the opportunity to use your creativity to impact the field of molecular diagnostics. If you love tinkering with devices, exploring new detection methods and engineering creative solutions to complex problems, this role is for you! Our unique culture and highly multidisciplinary team will provide you both with the necessary support to ensure your success and with opportunities to learn and grow professionally.
- Develop and implement technologies to detect protease activity in biofluids.
- Engineer new materials and chemical matter to enhance protease activity detection.
- Innovate, implement, and lead state of the art assays to increase throughput and multiplexing.
- Work closely with high throughput screening, analytical and peptide chemistry functions to facilitate innovation and biosensor development.
- Collaborate closely with Biologists and data scientists to characterize and validate technology.
- Assist software engineers with the design of informatics to support new technologies.
- Maintain records, prepare reports, make presentations to update team and R&D Leadership.
- Write internal reports and external publications.
- Lead and mentor research associates in a laboratory setting.
- Masters or Ph.D. and 5+ years of experience in chemical engineering, bioengineering, chemistry, biochemistry or related field
- 5+ years in developing detection technologies for biosensing
- Experience in assay development and optimization using a variety of analytical and biochemical techniques including but not limited to FRET, HPLC, LC-MS, ELISA, blotting, affinity enrichment, microfluidics, miniaturization, electrochemistry
- Ability to work independently, design, execute, interpret and troubleshoot experiments
- Maintain accurate and complete laboratory records
- Ability to rapidly reprioritize and plan accordingly
- Excellent verbal and written communication, strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Creative and motivated self-starter
- Ability to work effectively in a team and matrix environment
- Deep understanding of peptide chemistry
- Expertise in (bio)conjugation techniques
- Expertise in development of high throughput and multiplexed assays
- Experience in building/innovating new devices
- Familiarity with enzyme kinetic assays
- Pharma/biotech experience
- Previous management experience
Compensation & Benefits
Glympse Bio provides competitive compensation and benefits package that support and reward the contributions of each member of the team.
We are a dynamic and high energy team that is committed to scientific excellence and to pushing scientific boundaries in pursuit of our goals. We are creative, agile, resilient, and always have the ‘courage to continue’. We work as a team, committed to each other’s success, in an environment where every team member is important.
The Ideal Candidate
· Brings courage, character, humility, and energy to work every day
· Is motivated to improve the lives of the people they serve
· Is excited about what might be possible, sees problems as challenges to be overcome, and is driven by curiosity and creativity
· Is optimistic and committed to Glympse’s mission
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.