Director, Translational Research
Cambridge, MA /
Glympse Bio is pioneering the development of synthetic biomarkers – biochemical sensors developed using breakthroughs in science, engineering, medicine and artificial intelligence – that are engineered to be tunable to a range of diseases and offer earlier measures of response to disease and treatment. Our breakthrough technology measures protein activity from a blood draw to revolutionize disease diagnosis and monitoring. We are building a novel biomarker technology platform from the ground up, laying the foundation for innovative diagnostics which combines nanotechnology with AI to improve the lives of potentially millions of patients worldwide.
We are a vibrant and dedicated team working at the forefront of scientific discovery and clinical development. We are agile, resilient, and creative problem solvers. We are committed to bringing the best products to patients and at Glympse you will have the opportunity to work alongside a high functioning, interdisciplinary and collaborative team to develop an entirely new diagnostic modality.
We are seeking a highly motivated, innovative, and collaborative PhD Biologist to lead biomarker discovery and characterization efforts in a range of indications including liver disease, oncology, and immunology. Reporting to the CSO, the Head of Biology will lead a team of biologists, and partner with key stakeholders in Chemistry, Data Science, and Clinical Development to discover and develop novel diagnostics using Glympse’s innovative protease activity platform. This position will be an important member of the R&D leadership team and participate in building the scientific vision of the company. The successful candidate will have a strong background in molecular assays and preclinical models and be able to drive fast-paced assay development and technology innovation in a startup environment.
- Lead and mentor a team of Biology scientists and associates; communicate goals, timelines and objectives clearly to ensure success.
- Lead biomarker development programs in liver disease, oncology, immunology, or related fields.
- Provide strategic biology insights and guide experimental design across all programs.
- Supervise in vitro, preclinical, and early clinical research to develop, validate and implement biomarkers and pharmacodynamic mechanism assays through ELISA-based assay, flow cytometry, cell culture, kinetic assays, western blotting, QPCR, and other molecular techniques.
- Design and execute experiments to evaluate biomarker target dependency, phenotypic responses, and identify roles in disease pathogenesis.
- Process, interpret, and communicate data to multidisciplinary project teams.
- Appropriately document experimental procedures and results according to established guidelines using LIMS systems.
- Identify new directions for research and contribute to Glympse Bio’s culture of innovation.
- Lead scientific publications.
- Partner with Research, Clinical and Commercial to support clinical studies, product launches, and regulatory submissions.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biology or related field
- 10+ years of experience working in an academic or industry labs with a proven track record in biomarker discovery and preclinical research
- Prior experience leading a program or multiple programs in parallel in an industry setting
- Experience supervising a team of associate and scientist level employees.
- Expertise in oncology, liver disease, and/or autoimmune diseases strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with rodent models, including IACUC protocols, and cell-based assays
- Technical understanding of protein and/or enzyme-based assays
- Experience in assay development and / or diagnostics preferred
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues, both individually and as part of a team
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally
- Experience building teams and creating a strong team culture; ability to lead, motivate, and manage staff
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to creatively solve ambiguous challenges
The Ideal Candidate
· Brings courage, character, humility, and energy to work every day
· Is motivated to improve the lives of the people they serve
· Is excited about what might be possible, sees problems as challenges to be overcome, and is driven by curiosity and creativity
· Is optimistic and committed to Glympse’s mission
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.