User Education Content Strategist
Remote, United States
Abstract is a design workflow management platform supporting modern design teams with version control, file management, and team collaboration. Since launching our Beta in July 2017, customers like Github, Shopify, Unity, are using Abstract to manage their design workflow. Abstract is a technically ambitious product and we’re looking forward to seeing how you can contribute to these goals. The best candidates will be capable and enthusiastic about building out a world-class team and product with us.
At Abstract, we are actively working to build a diverse and inclusive organization. Here, diversity includes age, economic class, educational background, ethnic variance, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or veteran status.
Abstract is headquartered in San Francisco and is backed by Amplify, Cowboy Ventures, First Round Capital and others.
We're looking for an experienced content strategist to help achieve our goals. The content strategist will lead us in optimizing self-service resources for our community. They will determine strategy, manage self-service content, and establish internal documentation workflows. Cross-functional collaboration with support, product, marketing, and sales is essential. They will report to our Chief Revenue Officer.
- Lead the development and adoption of a style guide
- Define self-service content strategy to provide an accessible, consistent, and informative customer experience
- Collaborate across teams to ensure documentation is accurate and shipped on-time
- Approach our content strategy with intent to scale, setting a framework for localization
- Apply informational architecture and design principles to the organization of self-service documentation
- Establish SEO strategy to optimize visibility of self-service content
- Educate and lead self-service project work in collaboration with support
Skills and Experience
- You have built a solid, professional foundation for a career in content strategy
- You have a portfolio with a variety of content types, lengths, and tones
- You have developed and implemented impactful content strategies focused on user education
- You have established and reported content performance and SEO metrics to key stakeholders
- You have balanced short-term projects with long-term strategic initiatives
- You may have experience defining a brand's voice and tone as the foundation for a style guide and content
- You may have a degree in informational sciences or architecture, such as an MLIS
- You may have worked with design-focused teams
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing. We provide 99% healthcare coverage, including dental, vision, and life insurance. We offer 10 weeks parental leave, unlimited paid-time off, and flexible working arrangements.
To help employees plan for the future, we're able to offer competitive pay and a 401k. New teammates receive a Mac and a workspace budget.
We are a distributed team and we are able to offer US-based remote employment for most roles. We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference.
Though we're a distributed team, we're currently only able to hire US-based candidates.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check.