Brand & Communication Designer
San Francisco, CA
Abstract is a design workflow management platform supporting modern design teams with version control, file management, and team collaboration. Since launching our Beta in July 2017, customers like Github, Shopify, Unity, are using Abstract to manage their design workflow. Abstract is a technically ambitious product and we’re looking forward to seeing how you can contribute to these goals. The best candidates will be capable and enthusiastic about building out a world-class team and product with us.
At Abstract, we are actively working to build a diverse and inclusive organization. Here, diversity includes age, economic class, educational background, ethnic variance, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or veteran status.
Abstract is headquartered in San Francisco and is backed by Amplify, Cowboy Ventures, First Round Capital and others.
Abstract is a small, humble team of veteran designers and engineers addressing a technically ambitious problem: redesigning the design process. We are building a common infrastructure to support the modern design workflow that illuminates the design process for the rest of the organization.
We spent the past couple of years building our product and are now looking for a talented Brand & Communication Designer to help us spread the word and change the way designers work together. As an early member of Abstract’s Design team, you will help shape our culture of design and play an instrumental role in crafting the future of our brand.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing and other stakeholders to arrive at the best possible design solutions, continually raising our bar for quality
- Evolve the visual identity of Abstract, by designing consistent experiences across all of our touch points: marketing website, digital campaigns, educational content, emails, print, video, events, and more
- Execute projects across their entire lifecycle — plan, iterate, and deliver
Skills and Experience
- Strong foundation in design fundamentals, including a deep understanding of typography, layout, color, and ability to apply these principles across a variety of media
- Experience working with in-house Design teams at fast-growing companies
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills, including explaining your work, process, decisions, and actively seeking out feedback
- Always on the lookout for ways to improve your workflow and are up-to-date on the latest design tools
- Actively pay attention to trends in the community and have opinions on the future of design
As part of the interview process, be prepared to present a portfolio of your previous work. We’re particularly excited to see how you approach problem solving, decision-making, and process to see how you arrived at your final designs. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing. We provide 99% healthcare coverage, including dental, vision, and life insurance. We offer 10 weeks parental leave, unlimited paid-time off, and flexible working arrangements.
To help employees plan for the future, we're able to offer competitive pay and a 401k. New teammates receive a Mac and a workspace budget.
We are a distributed team and we are able to offer US-based remote employment for most roles. We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference.
Though we're a distributed team, we're currently only able to hire US-based candidates.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check.