Head of Marketing
Goalbook’s mission is to empower teachers to transform instruction so that ALL students can succeed. We are currently a team of 50 people and we partner with 600 school districts across 45 states, working closely with leadership teams to improve instructional practice. Goalbook was founded in 2011 by Daniel Jhin Yoo and Justin Su, both former teachers and administrators.
Who We’re Looking For
This role oversees marketing and communications activities while working collaboratively with other teams across the company. At its core, this role manages the company’s brand and continuously works to ensure the messaging is consistent everywhere.
We’re not looking for an ordinary Head of Marketing to simply help us grow and raise money and get acquired. Rather, we are focused on building a sustainable long-term brand where all educators equate Goalbook with instructional impact. We are looking for an innovator to help lead this work and reflect these ideals.
The ideal candidate will have managed and scaled teams in a small company environment. While experience in K-12 education is desirable, we are open to people from other fields. You can grow a company while instilling and sustaining a culture where impact and responsible growth are core tenets of strategy.
This is not a typical leadership role. As a company, we have often sacrificed maximum growth in a deliberate effort to grow responsibly. We expect each manager to fully embrace our mindset around balancing impact, team culture, and profitability.
· Source and edit content that strengthens our organizational thought leadership
· Write and edit content on our external website, product collateral, blog, and newsletters, and manage the design of all content
· Oversee Goalbook’s brand and messaging and ensure consistency across all content
· Develop, execute, and measure campaigns for lead generation and nurturing
· Manage marketing operations, automation, and analytics
· Build and manage a team
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience developing marketing systems and documenting processes
- Skilled in writing clearly and succinctly
- Experience in a startup environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a doer - this is an extremely hands-on role
- Experienced as a manager and leader
· 120-160k compensation range
· Full medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Safe Harbor 401k matching
· Open vacation policy and flexible schedule
· Goalbook Parental and Family Leave policy
Submit application addressed to Justin Su and provide your cover letter, resume, LinkedIn profile, and how you heard about the role. Applicants will not be considered without a cover letter. This position is based remotely.
Goalbook is committed to building a diverse and passionate team that is ready to serve ALL students in the US public school system. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from all people of diversity, including those with diverse needs, backgrounds, abilities, and other distinct characteristics.
Learn more about being a part of Goalbook! Check out our teammates’ stories: