Sales Operations Manager
San Mateo, California /
Goalbook’s mission is to empower educators to transform instruction so that ALL students succeed. We were founded in 2011 and are currently a team of 70 people, most of whom are former public-school teachers. We now partner with 700 school districts across 47 states, but we are just getting started! We aspire to build a diverse and inclusive company that can have a systemic and cultural impact on the US K-12 school system over the long term.
Who We’re Looking For
Goalbook is not a typical SaaS growth startup. We are a rare Silicon Valley education technology company that has achieved and sustained success without dependency on outside investors. We are looking for people who want to be part of an innovative and growing company that is truly double bottom line oriented, where business success and social impact are interdependent.
This is also not the typical sales operations role, as our Partnerships team operates differently than the average sales organization. Our Partnerships team members do not have quotas, as we focus on the quality of sales activities and not solely on the hard numbers. We frequently work collaboratively with one another rather than in competition. The team also works closely with Success team members on renewals, upsells, implementation planning, trainings, and referrals.
This role is part of the Operations team, and will support both the Partnerships and Customer Success teams by developing processes to drive operational excellence. You will gather and analyze data to increase sales and retention numbers. You will work with many of the team members on an individual and on a team-wide basis to dig into activities, formulate hypotheses, run tests, and make recommendations. This role is both strategic and tactical, and requires a combination of analytical and creative skills. Above all, you will play a key role in supporting our culture and helping each team embody our core values of relationships and growth.
- End-to-end responsibility for managing all aspects of Salesforce, including administration, configuration, data integrity, dashboards and reports, imports/exports, leads analysis, and user trainings.
- Work closely with the Partnerships and Customer Success teams to gather and analyze data, formulate and test hypotheses, synthesize findings, and answer operational questions regarding sales and success.
- Continuously audit partner, contract, and revenue data within our systems to ensure data integrity.
- Review and prioritize projects related to system and process optimization.
- Participate in the development and delivery of sales enablement and training materials to ensure professional growth for team members.
- Manage one direct report.
- Limited travel is required, including for onboarding, professional development, and team events.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years as Salesforce administrator
- 2+ years in sales, customer success, or business operations roles
- Experienced with change management and guiding teams through change
- Loves running tests and answering questions by looking at data
- Embody our company values of relationships and growth
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Quick to learn and adapt
- 85-120k compensation range, based on experience and location
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Safe Harbor 401k matching
- Flexible time off policy
- Goalbook Family and Medical Leave policy
- Goalbook Universal Basic Income
- A truly motivated, passionate, and fun team. We’re collectively interested in helping you grow in your career.
Submit an application below addressed to Sarah Kay Dela Cruz and provide a cover letter, resume, LinkedIn profile, and how you heard about us. This position is based remote.
For the safety of our team members and our partners, Goalbook has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees.
Goalbook is committed to building a diverse team that can understand and serve ALL students in the US public school system. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from all people of diversity, including those with diverse needs, backgrounds, abilities, and other distinct characteristics.