Content Production Lead
Product - Content /
Goalbook’s mission is to empower teachers to transform instruction so that ALL students can succeed. We are currently a team of 50 people and we partner with over 600 school districts across 45 states, working closely with leadership teams to improve instructional practice.
Our first core value is Relationships. We believe in the power of human connection and the importance of relationships across different strengths, backgrounds, personalities, and identities in order to achieve our shared goals and overall mission.
Our second core value is Growth. We strive to create a challenging and supportive environment so that people are continuously growing as professionals and increasing their impact. We also believe in having the time, space, and support to grow in our personal lives as well.
Who We’re Looking For
This role will lead Goalbook's Content Production team, designing and scaling content production systems and developing the team to improve key metrics such as quality, efficiency, and user engagement. The ideal candidate will have experience driving product quality through advocating for users. We are looking for someone who loves improving systems and processes to be more efficient and productive.
You will directly manage and support our Content Production team members, who are responsible for managing our part-time writers and editors who develop content for our products. This role will identify the team’s needs and design and implement internal learning and coaching in areas such as systems design, project planning, data tools, data analysis, and strategic decision making. You will also oversee the hiring and retention system for the entire production team, ensuring diversity, inclusivity, and anti-racist practices so that Goalbook's content can best support a more equitable school system.
· Manage the full-time Content Production team
· Own content production objectives around efficiency, quality, and cost
· Define the team's recruiting, hiring, and retention strategy
· Implement automation strategically in areas such as contracts, payments, hiring, and production
· Help lead diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism initiatives for the team
· Inform product strategy in collaboration with other company leaders
· Initiate and facilitate cross-team collaboration
Preferred Skills & Experience
· Experience as an educator, special education preferred
· Experience managing direct reports
· Experience in product development, ideally in education
· Designing and scaling systems with demonstrated improvements in efficiency, quality, and user
· Experience with implementing successful change management initiatives
· Experience with automation using tools and code (e.g. Google Apps Script)
· Commitment to diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism
· Entrepreneurial spirit and doer
· Clear communicator that can make the complex simple
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Safe Harbor 401k matching
· Open vacation policy and flexible schedule
· Goalbook Universal Basic Income
· Goalbook Parental and Family Leave policy
· Small team culture and true ownership of work
· A truly motivated, passionate, and fun team. We’re collectively interested in helping you grow in your
Submit an application addressed to Veronica Lucena and provide your cover letter, resume, LinkedIn, and how you heard about the role. Applicants will not be considered without a cover letter. This position can be based remotely.
Goalbook is committed to building a diverse and passionate team that is ready to serve all students in the US public school system. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from all people of diversity, including those with diverse needs, backgrounds, abilities, and other distinct characteristics.
Be sure to Follow Goalbook on LinkedIn for more opportunities and stay up-to-date on our latest work.