Head of People
Goalbook’s mission is to empower teachers to transform instruction so that ALL students can succeed. We partner with 600 districts across 45 states, working closely with district and school leaders to improve instructional practice. Goalbook was founded in 2011 by Daniel Jhin Yoo and Justin Su.
Who We’re Looking For
This role oversees the people functions of human resources and recruiting. We are truly invested in the growth of our team members, and we are looking for a business leader who understands the critical importance of human capital and organizational development.
The ideal candidate will have managed human resources in a small company, ideally one that has grown from 50 people to several hundred. While experience in K-12 education technology is desirable, we are open to people from other fields. You can demonstrate the ability to help a company grow while instilling and sustaining a culture where impact and responsible growth are core tenets of strategy.
You will recruit talent to Goalbook and ensure that each of our team members, whether newer or experienced, has a defined path of continuous growth while they remain employed at Goalbook. You will help our team leads and managers be better prepared for company growth, scale, and complexity. You will continuously refine our people processes and systems that maintain the strength of our team culture and promote our core values of relationships and growth.
This is not the typical leadership role. As a company, we have often sacrificed maximum growth in a deliberate effort to grow responsibly. We expect this role to fully embrace our mindset around balancing impact, team culture, profitability, and growth.
Required Skills & Experience
· Deep experience leading human resources, ideally at an enterprise SaaS company of our size.
· You have created HR systems and processes and not just executed them, including performance evaluation, compensation bands, and paths of growth.
· Develop, refine, and execute HR processes for individual team members, including transparent systems of performance evaluation, compensation, and paths of growth.
· Collaborate with managers to identify resources to assist team members with continuous professional learning and skill development.
· Manage Goalbook’s benefits. Establish policies and clear communication that are consistent with the company’s core values.
· Perform full-cycle recruiting, including sourcing, screening, interviews, and offers. Manage and work closely with our team of two in-house recruiters.
· Lead internal diversity, equity, and inclusion work that strengthens the team culture as the company continues to grow.
· Travel to San Mateo, California headquarters or other locations at least 2-3 times each quarter to collaborate with team members in person.
· Compensation in the range of 150 - 200k, based on experience
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Safe Harbor 401k matching
· Open vacation policy and flexible schedule
· Small team culture and true ownership of work
· A truly motivated, passionate, talented and fun team. We’re collectively interested in helping you grow in your career
Please note we've paused hiring during the current crisis. This role is listed as we anticipate opening it in the future, though there is not a guarantee. For those who would like to, we welcome you to submit an application. We are still conducting screenings.
Submit application addressed to Daniel Jhin Yoo and provide your cover letter, resume, LinkedIn profile, and how you heard about the role. This position can be based remotely.
Goalbook is committed to building a diverse and passionate team that is ready to serve all students in the US public school system. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from all people of diversity, including those with diverse needs, backgrounds, abilities, and other distinct characteristics.
Learn more about being a part of Goalbook! Check out our teammates’ stories: https://goalbookapp.com/careers