Quality Control Specialist
Secaucus, NJ /
GOAT – Operations /
The Operations team manages our worldwide distribution network and is responsible for authenticating our sneakers, fulfilling orders and ensuring on-time delivery to buyers. Through our technological innovation and logistical efficiency, you will join a team that prides itself on being the most trusted marketplace in the industry while shipping and processing tens of millions of products for our global buyers and sellers.
GOAT is seeking a detail oriented, process oriented applicant in our Quality Control department. As a Quality Control Specialist at GOAT you will examine each sneaker after authenticity has been determined to ensure seller provided information is correct and the shoe is sold as listed. Condition examination is essential to our business - this includes but is not limited to shoe condition, size, SKU, box condition, and inclusion of original packaging or accessories. You have laser focus, a great eye, are eager to learn and adapt easily. You are a team player and work across every pillar of Operations to get every shoe out accurately and efficiently. If hired, you will be employed by a third party and assigned to GOAT.
If hired, you will be employed by a third party and assigned to GOAT.
In this role you will:
- Learn and stay up-to-date on separate sneaker model characteristics
- Develop knowledge of shoe conditions, specifically those that are considered "issues" by GOAT standards
- Examine product as part of the authentication process
- Ensure all the details of the transactions are correct in the product and order conditions, i.e. SKU, size, condition, original packaging, etc
- Restore and upkeep products to its original, factory presentation
- Maintain a clean work area to help ensure that merchandise remains clean and to help prevent work related injuries
- Be flexible to manage other assignments as they come up
- Be able to help out in fulfillment by packing out orders
What we are looking for:
- Highly organized with demonstrated attention to detail
- Passion for sneakers and sneaker industry is a huge plus
- A proven choice maker who develops an internal process and adheres to it
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours as occasionally needed (during crunch times!) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, to meet business needs
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.