Account Manager - Sneakers
GOAT – Business Development /
At GOAT Group, the Business Development team is central to the strategic growth of our company. Composed of individual teams that handle Strategy, New Business Initiatives, Partnerships and Account Management, the department leads a global supply-focused initiative that works with brand partners, retailers and power sellers to secure new inventory and widen exposure for GOAT Group. As our company continues to expand both at home and abroad, you will play an integral part in this exciting next chapter.
GOAT is seeking a passionate and people-oriented Account Manager for our Business Development team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, fluent in the sneaker market, and committed to providing top-tier customer service. He / she should also excel at working across a variety of departments, including Product, Engineering, Analytics, and Logistics, as well as with our Los Angeles-based HQ team.
In this role you will:
- Manage and maintain top seller relationships throughout Asia Pacific
- Provide dedicated customer support for our power sellers
- Conduct analysis on our most frequent users, helping to identify trends and / or patterns
- Source new business opportunities
- Brainstorm, plan, and execute seller activation events / opportunities in key cities with strong supply pipelines
- Collaborate with our operations and logistics teams, while liaising with sellers to trouble-shoot potential issues
- Streamline the on-boarding process for new sellers; creating on-boarding documents and distributing to users
We are looking for:
- Strong sneaker knowledge including understanding of the sneaker market and the players involved
- Commitment to VIP-level customer service
- Confidentiality and discretion a MUST
- High level of interpersonal, communication and written skills in both Mandarin and English
- Highly organized with demonstrated attention to detail
- A clear understanding of prioritization based on relative business opportunities and long-term relationship building
- A quick learner and self-starter with an ability to work independently, and willingness (and ability) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Experience working with US-based companies with globally-sourced supply
- Mac proficiency, understanding of web-based platforms, and comfortable managing URL links
- Willingness to work outside of typical business hours as needed, based on industry / networking events
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.