Assistant Operations Manager
GOAT – Operations (Footwear)
GOAT is seeking a detail oriented, process driven individual to assist Operations Leaders in day-to-day coordination and management of operational activities. You have a proven track record of developing those who work for you, laser focus, a great eye, and are eager to learn and adapt easily. The Assistant Operations Manager will be involved in decision-making for the warehouse, such as managing the allocation of resources to ensure daily goals are met.
In this role you will:
- Understand Operations daily goals and needs
- Proactively plan for all operational processes, appropriately scheduling and training associates
- Open and close operational procedures of the warehouse
- Manage supply inventory and supply replenishments
- Monitor quality control of the inbound, outbound, verification, and support processes
- Create and maintain clear and accurate operations documents/procedures for reference purposes
- Track and troubleshoot order issues
- Be an ambassador of GOAT’s Core Values
- Assist in maintaining GOAT standards and promoting a positive on-site culture
- Inspire employees and giving high-fives
We are looking for:
- 2-5 years experience managing a team in an operational setting
- Must be analytical, possessing the ability to recognize issues and assess productivity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to transfer his/her views onto others
- Highly organized individual with demonstrated attention to detail, and ability to train others
- A quick learner, a self-starter, and willingness (and ability) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Knowledge of and love for sneakers is a plus, including familiarity with industry trends and resources
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours as occasionally needed (during crunch times!) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, to meet business needs
- Must be able to lift and move boxes (up to 35 pounds)
Founded in 2015 and based in Los Angeles, California, GOAT is the safest way to buy and sell sneakers. Whether you’re looking to buy rare sneakers, discover new ones, or earn money by listing sneakers you already own, GOAT is your destination. And with an authentication service, buyer protection guarantee and great customer service, it’s the safest option in the industry.
We are backed by some of the leading names in venture capital, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Ashton Kutcher, Guy Oseary, Matrix Partners, NEA, SV Angel, Upfront Ventures and Y Combinator.
GOAT is the global platform for style. Founded in 2015 to bring trust to the sneaker community, the technology platform has since expanded to offer apparel and accessories from the world’s leading contemporary, avant garde and luxury brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company is able to surface styles from the past, present and future, delivering authentic product to over 20M members across 164 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.