GOAT – Engineering /
At GOAT Group, the Engineering team is an integral part of our dynamic company. By joining the team, your skills will be front and center, working alongside other passionate individuals to solve problems and build software. From launching compelling new consumer experiences, tackling global logistics challenges to scaling infrastructure to facilitate our rapid growth – technology is essential to driving our vision forward. The work you do will change the way the world shops, while also empowering entrepreneurs, including individual sellers, brands and boutiques.
Language requirement: Fluent in Mandarin and English
Location: Shanghai, China
In this role you will:
- Design core infrastructure and platform components for a fast-growing start-up
- Contribute alongside a backend engineer to application development
- Scale for capacity and traffic spikes of 10x normal load during high-volumeevents
- Implement defenses against security threats, bots, and malicious actors
- Be on call for infrastructure-level issues that haven’t already been automated
- Automate infrastructure so that pager escalations continue to be rare
- Improve performance of China hosted websites and mobile apps communicating with US hosted backends
We are looking for:
- Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience with a focus on infrastructure and cloud architecture
- Extensive experience managing complex technical architecture deployed in the cloud
- Experience building and troubleshooting network connectivity between cloud providers in the US and China
- Experience working with AliCloud and AWS China
- Experience writing and deploying Infrastructure as Code, i.e. Terraform, Cloudformation, Salt, Ansible, etc.
- Strong programming skills, i.e. Ruby, Go
- Experience evaluating and using open source solutions that fit business needs
- Experience working with local Chinese startups a plus
- Excellent personal, verbal and written communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- Understanding of the sneaker market and sneaker culture within China is a plus
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.