Los Angeles, CA
GOAT – Technology
With over 10 million members and more than 800,000 listings, GOAT is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. The GOAT Engineering team builds the mobile, web, and backend technology that power the experience for buyers and sellers on our global marketplace platform.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead a team of exceptional software engineers. You will play a key role in inspiring and driving the efforts of the engineering team to deliver the highest priority features in the quickest way possible while managing technical risk and quality.
As an Engineering Manager, you're expected to:
- Build, mentor, and grow a team of exceptional software engineers and technical leaders
- Focus the team on speed of iteration and shipping the most impactful features while continually raising the bar on operational excellence
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members
- Identify and resolve process bottlenecks and thoughtfully implement processes that enhance the team's code quality and customer impact
- Coordinate and communicate seamlessly across engineering and product leadership teams
- Be a helpful and supportive presence on the team, contributing to code reviews and technical architecture discussions
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Own your team’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available productsBe hands-on when needed and lead by example
We're looking for:
- BS degree preferred
- 3+ years of software engineering management experience
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering with Ruby on Rails (Python, Go, PHP, or Java is ok too)
- Experience with e-Commerce/Web Applications
- Familiar and comfortable with the technologies, the tradeoffs, and the design patterns emerging in web services
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
Benefits and Perks:
- Join the early team and work closely with founders on all aspects of the company
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive salary
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants
- Unlimited vacation
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Our brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through our innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
We are backed by some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, NEA, SV Angel, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.