Manager, People Operations
At Bonfire, we bring Buyers and Vendors together to make decisions with certainty. We’re a leader in strategic sourcing and procurement technology and enable organizations to make the right purchasing decisions. We’ve powered over $20-billion dollars-worth of decision making across 250+ customers who have a 99% adoption rate and have ranked us with a 71 NPS score (that’s Netflix and Apple territory!).
First we graduated as a Y-combinator success, then became a VC-backed startup, and now through the 2019 acquisition, we’re excited to be a part of the largest government technology company in the industry, GTY Technology Holdings. Bonfire is an opportunity for you to build something amazing while accelerating your career.
We’re looking for team members who will:
-Make an impact
-Remain humble - no job is too small
Follow us on Instagram @go.bonfire to see more of #LifeatBonfire.
As Manager, People Operations, you will oversee all aspects of Bonfire’s People Operations function, currently reporting into the Vice President of Finance. You will also work closely with the leadership team as well as your team of three direct reports.
This position provides advice, counsel, and coaching to leaders with the ability to influence and champion effective leadership and change, developing strong partnerships to support the achievement of company objectives.
Overseeing and executing effective delivery of an HR partnership with various levels throughout the organization. Such areas will be workforce planning, talent acquisition, onboarding, talent and performance management, internal communications, branding, compensation, engagement, employee relations, professional development and succession planning.
What You’ll Do
- People Strategy: headcount planning and forecasting. Work closely with VP Finance and leadership team regarding staffing levels and organizational design and growth. Oversee and execute the effective sourcing, hiring and on-boarding of highly qualified staff with your team. Includes learning and development, transfers, promotions, mentorships, coaching programs, and off-boarding activities
- Internal communications: drive and support programs and initiatives, including platforms and tools to enhance communications, goal setting, overall performance management.
- Compensation: adjust, manage and communicate a competitive and equitable compensation strategy to leverage employees’ strengths to build and foster high-performing teams (research, revise, monitor and communicate with all levels)
- Culture Champion: ensure an environment that consistently increases the capability and capacity of employees to contribute high-quality results and lead by example and building a culture that aligns the People and Business Strategies
- Succession planning: support leadership in effective organizational design
- Learning & Development: provide support and resources for L&D initiatives; including research, implementation, evaluation, updates and communication of offerings and conduct various training and meetings where appropriate
- Total Rewards & Benefits: work with others in the organization to ensure a fair, healthy and safe environment so that all parties are treated fairly and ethically in the workplace; includes various wellness and benefits initiatives and programming promotion and support
- Strategic Partner: collaborate and work with departments to provide HR resources and support in line with departmental objectives
Who You Are
- You bring 7+ years’ of progressive experience in the field of human resources and/or organizational development
- You are analytical with an ability to incorporate metrics and analysis into HR delivery and to use HR data to aid other leaders in data-driven decision-making
- You bring experience with talent acquisition and/or operations. Ability to creatively analyze workforce demands and capacity; forecast and source effectively. Build effective branding and culture
- You have experience in change management, developing and implementing strategic HR initiatives and programs that are aligned to business needs and/or played a key support role in supporting and executing such initiatives
- You have exceptional communication skills and people skills with demonstrated emotional intelligence
- You’re a team player and lead by example as a cultural ambassador both internally and externally. You take pride in delivering excellent customer service
- You have successfully managed several projects to completion and work well to deadlines
- You consistently exercise confidentiality, good judgment, and discretion when working with others. You are adept at handling complex employee relations issues and their resolution
- You have successfully led a team to set expectations, perform goals and performance reviews, hiring, training and coaching and related activities for effective team leaderships
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Human Sciences, Psychology, Business or related. Active CHRP or CHRL certification an asset
We kindly ask that applicants complete the following survey to augment their application. The survey highlights your unique strengths and talents. For more information, please visit https://www.plum.io/
Recruiters: Sorry, we only deal with applicants directly!
Bonfire Interactive Ltd. strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. aims to create a selection process that’s inclusive and accessible. If you need accommodation during any stage of the process, please contact Talent@GoBonfire.com and we’ll provide reasonable accommodation confidentially. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.