GTY Technology Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: GTYH) (“GTY”) brings leading public sector technology companies together to achieve a new standard in stakeholder engagement and resource management. Through its six business units, GTY offers an intuitive cloud-based suite of solutions for state and local governments, education institutions, and healthcare organizations spanning functions in procurement, payments, grant management, budgeting, and permitting: Bonfire provides strategic sourcing and procurement software to enable confident and compliant spending decisions; CityBase provides government payment solutions to connect constituents with utilities and government agencies; eCivis offers a grant management system to maximize grant revenues and track performance; Open Counter provides government payment software to guide applicants through complex permitting and licensing procedures; Questica offers budget preparation and management software to deliver on financial and non-financial strategic objectives; Sherpa provides public sector budgeting software and consulting services.
The Marketing Director, reporting into the Executive VP of Sales at GTY Technology, is a strategic and tactical contributor leading and executing GTY specific marketing initiatives while coordinating across our 6 business units. You will be managing by influence across GTY business units and will be responsible for driving initiatives as you will not have direct reports. We’re looking for someone who’s equally strategic but still enjoys rolling up their sleeves and getting work done, whether it’s writing a press release or developing a new cross-sell campaign. You will focus on evolving the GTY brand, by identifying distribution channels to amplify awareness in both the investor and public sector markets. Areas of focus include:
-Communication; continue to evolve the GTY brand through online and offline channels; develop and execute a public relations strategy with a focus on earned media
-Demand Generation; identify and execute a collaborative GTY presence at select industry events; explore opportunities for GTY branded thought leadership activities; support a consistent approach to events across all business units with a focus on optimizing ROI
-Client Marketing; support a collaborative approach across GTY user activities; identify opportunities for cross-selling programs; build client advocacy programs
You’ll look for high impact opportunities where GTY’s collective attention is more effective to drive cost savings and tangible results. As you execute, constant attention will be made to key performance indicators, measuring and reporting them to the executive team with a hyper-focus on optimization.
What You’ll Do
- Strategy: identify opportunities to better define and amplify GTY brand
- Track and Report Performance: develop methods and strategies for data collection to empower data-driven decisions
- Collaborate: work closely with business unit marketing teams and GTY executives to ensure collective objectives are met
- Manage GTY Event Portfolio: responsible for negotiating sponsorships, coordinating participation across BUs, and maximizing investment through pre and post show work
- Messaging: help drive top-level messaging to serve as the anchor for our corporate vision and programming initiatives
- Story Telling: identify opportunities by staying on top of trends while working directly with business units to uncover customer and innovation opportunities
- Relationships & Third-Party Management: build and manage relationships with third parties including PR agency, syndication partners, etc.
- Manage Budget: work within a defined budget-making informed spend decisions and recommendations
- Research: constantly look for new opportunities and better ways to reach prospective investors and clients
- Program Creation: design and execute demand generation programs, including events, designed to build pipeline across business units
- Asset Creation: ability to execute on your own campaign assets while also leveraging a Marketing Services team as required
- Marketing Automation: understanding of marketing automation and how to leverage it to support program execution
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience in a B2B marketing role, SaaS experience is advantageous
- Experience managing marketing programs and projects is required
- Proven event management and marketing communications experience in a previous role
- Experience executing programs to public sector prospects is advantageous
- Experience working for a public company is an asset
- Degree or diploma in Business or related discipline, or relevant work experience
- You take a consultative approach to your work, working to understand priorities before determining action
- You have demonstrated a high level of influence in a previous position and the ability to gain buy-in by deeply understanding internal and external stakeholders' interests to drive mutually beneficial results
- You don’t wait for directions to be given and act when you see opportunities
- You’re like a sponge and ready to take advantage and learn all that you can as we scale up and take on new responsibilities or tasks
- You’re always re-examining the process and looking to improve it—you don’t buy the “we’ve always done it this way” mantra
- A fast-paced environment excites you, and you can manage multiple priorities successfully
Recruiters: Sorry, we only deal with applicants directly!
Bonfire Interactive Ltd. strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. aims to create a selection process that’s inclusive and accessible. If you need accommodation during any stage of the process, please contact Talent@GoBonfire.com and we’ll provide reasonable accommodation confidentially. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.