At Bonfire, we bring Buyers and Vendors together to make decisions with certainty. We’re a leader in strategic sourcing and procurement technology and enable organizations to make the right purchasing decisions. We’ve powered over $20-billion dollars-worth of decision making across 250+ customers who have a 99% adoption rate and have ranked us with a 71 NPS score (that’s Netflix and Apple territory!).
First we graduated as a Y-combinator success, then became a VC-backed startup, and now through the 2019 acquisition, we’re excited to be a part of the largest government technology company in the industry, GTY Technology Holdings. Bonfire is an opportunity for you to build something amazing while accelerating your career.
We’re looking for team members who will:
-Make an impact
-Remain humble - no job is too small
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to join Gareth Davis, our DevOps Lead, as the first set of boots on the ground in our growing DevOps team at Bonfire. As a Developer who enjoys deployment and infrastructure related challenges, you’ll be taking on a broad spectrum of responsibilities, consistently solving interesting problems and delivering results.
You’ll be at the core of our team, automating and optimizing our production and development environments and providing tools that ensure our Developers can do their job. Creating and maintaining infrastructure, streamlining deployment systems, monitoring system performance and health will all fall under your responsibilities.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be given the autonomy to take ownership of projects and drive them to completion. If doing the same thing everyday sounds boring, and you want variety with a wider range of responsibilities, this is the role for you. We're looking for a team player that is willing to jump in and help out where needed and make Bonfire more efficient through driving DevOps best practices. We’re confident that you’ll learn more here in 1 year at Bonfire than you would in 3 years somewhere else.
This is a great opportunity to expand your DevOps knowledge and get exposure to many different tools, technologies and languages.
What You'll Do
- Automate: from deployments to integration tests to dev environments; why do anything manually?
- Manage Container Orchestration: Maintain and optimize our Kubernetes clusters.
- Standardize Infrastructure: maintain and grow our Terraform systems to ensure all infrastructure is reviewable and consistent.
- Problem Solve: use your ability to breakdown problems and seek out resources to deliver solutions.
- Advise: act in an advisory role to the broader Development team for all things DevOps.
Who You Are
- Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering degree or equivalent
- 1-2 years working with web technologies
- Experience with Bash or Python or similar scripting
- Familiarity with AWS technologiesExperience with Infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc).
- Container experience (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- A desire to learn and grow
- Experience in our current application stack (PHP, Python, Go, MySQL, AngularJS, React, NodeJS)
- Familiarity with our DevOps stack; Kubernetes, Helm, Ansible
- Exposure to web security
As a DevOps Engineer at Bonfire, I am responsible for keeping Bonfire’s services available and easing the deployment process for our developers. In the past 15 months, I have learned a lot of new technologies which not only have helped me deliver what Bonfire needs but has also helped me grow my career as a DevOps Engineer. Even though the learning curve is high, you have support and tools you need to be successful.
Recruiters: Sorry, we only deal with applicants directly!
Bonfire Interactive Ltd. strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. aims to create a selection process that’s inclusive and accessible. If you need accommodation during any stage of the process, please contact Talent@GoBonfire.com and we’ll provide reasonable accommodation confidentially. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.