Front End Developer
At Bonfire, we bring people together to make decisions with certainty. What does that mean? We’re powering billions of dollars worth of decision making across 200+ customers.
You’ve probably never heard of us before - and that’s okay - but remember when you had the opportunity to see your favourite band at a small venue before they were selling out the ACC? Joining Bonfire now is like getting on the guest list.
We’re a VC-backed, Y-Combinator success story that customers love (99% retention) and we’ve already impacted $12B+ in procurement spending decisions.
Bonfire is an opportunity for you to make an impact and accelerate your career. We’re in a unique position, growing from 40 to over 100 people in the next year. We’re looking for team members who will:
-Make an impact
-Remain humble - no job is too small
As a Front-end Developer, you’ll join one of our 4-6-person dev squads that owns a product area and takes features from story to shipped. You’ll champion user-centric development, thinking first about how users experience Bonfire, then working front to back to deliver that experience.
The opportunity for impact is huge. We’ll admit we’ve majored as a team on the back-end and are ready to up our game on the front-end. Our commitment to using the best technology (centred around React) to deliver class-leading user experience for our customers is strong. Are you ready to help us make the leap to next-level UX?
We commit to stretching you, too. You’ll write APIs to support front-end features, add database columns and even deploy infrastructure. All in service of taking user stories end-to-end, an incredibly satisfying way to create.
You’ll work alongside peers in your squad as well as the other dev squads, reporting to Kris Braun, our Director of Engineering. Squads move through a weekly rhythm of kickoff and retros, with the whole dev team gathering for peer Tech Talks and Team Huddles. Development is backed by our fantastic Product Management team, with Technical Product Managers deeply understanding customer needs and working with developers to deliver more than customers expect.
What You’ll Do
- Solve real-world problems to give our customers super powers
- Craft front-end web apps, working from low-fi mockups to implement rich user experiences
- Champion best technologies and practices for delivering the power of Bonfire to a diversity of people - non-technical domain experts, power users, those with accessibility needs
- Design and implement the APIs needed to service new features
- Maintain our high bar for quality with automated tests
Who You Are
- Ready to take product features from a story to shipped
- Created non-trivial applications using React, Angular, Ember or Vue
- Love going the extra mile to deliver polished UX
- Demonstrate clear thinking about state management, asynchronous behaviour, loading states, responsive design and accessibility
- Willing to learn what you need about back-end development to take features end-to-end
- Contributed to a shared codebase using git pull requests (or something similar)
- Earned your Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering degree or equivalent
- Uniquely you - we're a diverse team that knows great devs come in all genders, ethnicities and backgrounds
- Implemented an API in a framework like Node, Django or Rails
- Written SQL queries
- Played with any other tech we use: AngularJS, PHP, Python, Go, Ansible, AWS
- Exposure to web security
Join us now and accelerate your career.
Salary: $65,000 - $85,000/annually.
Recruiters: Sorry, we only deal with applicants directly!
Bonfire Interactive Ltd. strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. aims to create a selection process that’s inclusive and accessible. If you need accommodation during any stage of the process, please contact Talent@GoBonfire.com and we’ll provide reasonable accommodation confidentially. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.