At Bonfire, we bring people together to make decisions with certainty. What does that mean? We’re powering billions of dollars worth of decision making across 200+ customers.
You’ve probably never heard of us before - and that’s okay - but remember when you had the opportunity to see your favourite band at a small venue before they were selling out the ACC? Joining Bonfire now is like getting on the guest list.
We’re a VC-backed, Y-Combinator success story that customers love (99% retention) and we’ve already impacted $12B+ in procurement spending decisions.
Bonfire is an opportunity for you to make an impact and accelerate your career. We’re in a unique position, growing from 40 to over 100 people in the next year. We’re looking for team members who will:
-Make an impact
-Remain humble - no job is too small
Bonfire is looking to add a Financial Analyst to their Finance team, this role will report to our Director, Finance, Kim Veenstra. As Bonfire’s Financial Analyst you will work closely with Kim and play a key role in creating financial models and reports that enable Bonfire to forecast and scenario plan. You will work closely with departmental leaders to review and advise on budget and provide valuable insight to planning and forecasting during budget cycles. In addition to reporting, you will also be responsible for owning government funding and leading the initial investigation of budget software tools to leverage. Kim doesn’t like to micromanage so she’ll look to you to own your responsibilities and make recommendations to drive improvements.
If you’re someone that enjoys diving deep into the detail, has experience building models from scratch, enjoys working with stakeholders to provide financial insights and has an innate ability to improve process then this role is for you!
What You’ll Do
- Modelling: develop new models and enhance Bonfire’s existing financial models to support reporting, planning and forecasting activities
- Budgeting: play a key role in our semi annual budgeting cycles by creating models that will enable Bonfire to properly forecast and scenario plan
- Reporting: create and expand reporting, update existing reports, deliver ad hoc reporting and maintain accuracy in reporting
- Analysis: ability to provide relevant insight and feedback when requested from internal and external stakeholders to support business decisions
- Government Funding: ownership over all government funding and reporting initiatives, including seeking out opportunities and maintaining requirements
- Enhance: investigate budgetary software, make improvements and expand the models and reporting provided to create new processes
- Collaborate: work closely with functional leaders and act as a trusted advisor for financial planning and analysis within their department
Who You Are
- 3-5 years experience working as a Financial Analyst - building models and reporting
- Degree or diploma in Accounting or related discipline
- Professional accounting designation or working towards a designation
- You demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- You’re extremely analytical and have no problem diving deep into the detail, but are also able to and translate high level concepts to relevant stakeholders
- You have great examples of building financial models from your previous roles
- Attention to detail is second to none and it always shows in the accuracy of your reports
- You have superior excel skills, probably the best in the office
- You’re a great communicator and know how to adjust your style according to the audience
- You don’t have to be asked to do things, you’re always taking initiative and thinking ahead
- You are business process oriented- you can follow existing ones, but are also able to establish and make improvements
- You’re able to meet deadlines and juggle multiple priorities with ease
Join us now and accelerate your career.
Recruiters: Sorry, we only deal with applicants directly!
Bonfire Interactive Ltd. strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. aims to create a selection process that’s inclusive and accessible. If you need accommodation during any stage of the process, please contact Talent@GoBonfire.com and we’ll provide reasonable accommodation confidentially. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.