Software Quality Lead
At Bonfire, we bring Buyers and Vendors together to make decisions with certainty. We’re a leader in strategic sourcing and procurement technology and enable organizations to make the right purchasing decisions. We’ve powered over $20-billion dollars-worth of decision making across 250+ customers who have a 99% adoption rate and have ranked us with a 71 NPS score (that’s Netflix and Apple territory!).
First we graduated as a Y-combinator success, then became a VC-backed startup, and now through the 2019 acquisition, we’re excited to be a part of the largest government technology company in the industry, GTY Technology Holdings. Bonfire is an opportunity for you to build something amazing while accelerating your career.
We’re looking for team members who will:
-Make an impact
-Remain humble - no job is too small
Follow us on Instagram @go.bonfire to see more of #LifeatBonfire.
At Bonfire, our customers rely on our software to make high-consequence purchasing decisions. We also take pride in maintaining a phenomenally high Net Promoter Score, reflecting our commitment to understanding our customers and consistently innovating with quality. These values extend throughout Bonfire, and we are now ready for dedicated Software Quality roles to bring out the best in our teams and mature our practices as we scale.
As our Software Quality Lead, you enable our team to move quickly while maintaining high quality standards. Reporting to Kris Braun, VP Engineering, you’ll own quality across product development, guiding Software Developers in Test (SDETs) embedded on our development teams, and working closely with our Application Development Leads, DevOps Lead and Product Managers. You will decide how to measure quality, then create and execute projects leading to measurable improvements.
What You'll Do
- Establish, measure and report quality metrics that show us where to focus.
- Develop best practices across our department for both Software Developers and SDETs.
- Recruit and train SDETs embedded on our development teams.
- Architect our test automation frameworks and processes.
- Guide Software Developers and SDETs contributing to test automation. Set our strategy and prioritize areas for improved coverage.
- Advance our goal to ship faster, with more frequently and confidence. Minimize our time from code commit to production.
- Guide us to fix the right bugs with the proper urgency and maintain our SLAs for resolving security issues.
- Ensure we perform root-cause-analysis, understanding and addressing the source of defects.
- Lead by example, participating in test planning and design, issue investigations, and test automation.
Who You Are
- You’ve learned through experience. You have years of experience trying various approaches to software quality and know what works best in different contexts.
- You’re a customer advocate. You understand and empathize with our customers, always prioritizing based on their experience. You’re comfortable leaving bugs that no user will ever care about while ensuring high impact issues never reach our customers.
- You’re a quality Detective. You’re not satisfied until you understand how and why things work the way they do.
- You’re a change-maker. You’re always looking for ways to eliminate whole classes of issues by improving processes, creating new tools, and expanding our automations. You have stories to tell of changes you’ve led elsewhere.
- You’re collaborative. You inspire others to get involved and up their games. You listen to feedback and make adjustments. You’re playing so your whole team wins together.
- You’ve seen test automation work. We need wisdom and guidance to structure and prioritize our unit, integration and end-to-end tests to provide the most value for effort.
Recruiters: Sorry, we only deal with applicants directly!
Bonfire Interactive Ltd. strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. aims to create a selection process that’s inclusive and accessible. If you need accommodation during any stage of the process, please contact Talent@GoBonfire.com and we’ll provide reasonable accommodation confidentially. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.