Application Development Lead
At Bonfire, we bring Buyers and Vendors together to make decisions with certainty. We’re a leader in strategic sourcing and procurement technology and enable organizations to make the right purchasing decisions. We’ve powered over $20-billion dollars-worth of decision making across 250+ customers who have a 99% adoption rate and have ranked us with a 71 NPS score (that’s Netflix and Apple territory!).
First we graduated as a Y-combinator success, then became a VC-backed startup, and now through the 2019 acquisition, we’re excited to be a part of the largest government technology company in the industry, GTY Technology Holdings. Bonfire is an opportunity for you to build something amazing while accelerating your career.
We’re looking for team members who will:
-Make an impact
-Remain humble - no job is too small
As an Application Development Lead at Bonfire you’ll lead a team of 4-6 Full Stack Developers that take product stories from end-to-end across our tech stack. We’re Full-Stack Developers with specializations -- while everyone can write an API or deploy a microservice, some have deep expertise in accessibility and others in database design. As an Application Development Lead you bring this talent together to maximize collaboration.
Each team relies on a credible, in-the-trenches leader who takes responsibility for both what the team produces, as well as the growth of the team and its members. Reporting to Kris Braun, our Director of Engineering, the Application Development Lead will enable others to excel through technical contributions and leadership in the form of writing code, reviewing PRs and diving into architecture. In addition, the Application Development Lead will drive progress on technical objectives such as quality and security.
What You'll Do
- Coach: Bring the best out of a team of 4-6 Full-Stack Developers through PR reviews, regular 1:1s and pair programming to achieve individual and team goals.
- Collaborate: Develop high trust and understanding with Product Managers so everyone knows where we’re going. Lead your team to architect software that you’re proud of inside and out.
- Contribute: Work alongside your team to contribute to the code in the most strategic areas.
- Deliver: Navigate the completion of team commitments, addressing roadblocks and communicating adjustments as required. Maintain SLAs for resolving quality and security issues.
- Recruit: Play an active role in recruiting new team members and co-op students that take the team to the next level.
Who You Are
- Devs look up to you. You’ve brought the best out of developers you’ve led elsewhere, and they’d gladly sign up to work on your team again.
- You get your hands dirty. When things get tough for a team member, you sit down to pair program. You develop people through PR reviews and code whenever you can.
- You make everything better. More than simply responding to inputs, you identify areas for improvement in people, teams, code and processes. You’re not afraid to name a goal, then steadily drive progress to reach it.
- You ship. Little else matters if Application Development isn’t releasing product improvements at a steady cadence. You know how to run a sustainable pace while always shipping.
- There’s a particular piece of software development you love more than you should and know better than most. It might be component design, user analytics, security or microservice architecture. Whatever it is, you know you can raise everyone’s game in that area.
- You have experience in our tech stack: Node, React, Go, PHP, Python and Kubernetes.
- You’ve seen effective automated testing work at scale.
Join us now and accelerate your career
Recruiters: Sorry, we only deal with applicants directly!
Bonfire Interactive Ltd. strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. aims to create a selection process that’s inclusive and accessible. If you need accommodation during any stage of the process, please contact Talent@GoBonfire.com and we’ll provide reasonable accommodation confidentially. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.