Product Marketing Manager, Segments
At Bonfire, we bring Buyers and Vendors together to make decisions with certainty. We’re a leader in strategic sourcing and procurement technology and enable organizations to make the right purchasing decisions. We’ve powered over $20-billion dollars-worth of decision making across 250+ customers who have a 99% adoption rate and have ranked us with a 71 NPS score (that’s Netflix and Apple territory!).
First we graduated as a Y-combinator success, then became a VC-backed startup, and now through the 2019 acquisition, we’re excited to be a part of the largest government technology company in the industry, GTY Technology Holdings. Bonfire is an opportunity for you to build something amazing while accelerating your career.
We’re looking for team members who will:
-Make an impact
-Remain humble - no job is too small
Bonfire recently transitioned our go-to-market team to a segment-based approach. The Product Marketing Manager, Segments plays a central role in connecting sales and marketing across the buyer journey. You will use your in-depth market knowledge and visibility across each conversion point in the funnel to propose marketing strategies that complement our sales and go-to-market goals. You’ll be responsible for fully understanding the needs and behaviours of some of Bonfire’s key market segments. In this role, you will work alongside other product marketers and report to our Manager of Product Marketing, Cam Davies.
The day-to-day activities of a Product Marketing Manager are dynamic and priority goes to the activities that will make the biggest impact on targets. You’ll bring an ability to prioritize, collaborate, and balance short-term tactical support with the long-term strategy.
What to Expect:
-Being involved in gathering competitive intelligence
-Helping to overcome sales objections
-Providing guidance and feedback on positioning and messaging
-Identifying and prioritizing opportunities for the growth and improvement of our funnel
-Working with functional stakeholders to gain a collective understanding of improvement opportunities, then assisting with proposed solutions and strategies for optimization
-Measuring progress towards early indicators and revenue metrics
What You’ll Do
- Go-To-Market Strategy: track your segments’ total addressable market and deliver insights on market penetration list generation in order to target underserved parts of the market
- Customer Expert: understand and communicate Bonfire use cases and value alongside a deep understanding of Bonfire buying personas
- Market Intelligence: understand and educate the go-to-market team in a concise way with target customer profiles, sub-segmentation, buying behaviours, personas, competitive landscape, and market trends
- Content Creation: draft and build compelling ‘how-to-win’ sales tools and messaging strategies that the go-to-market teams can leverage to ensure the entire buyers' journey is thoughtfully approached
- Measurement: track the performance of your segments and use data to prove what is working and what needs improvement
- Collaboration: work cross-functionally with go-to-market teams to understand challenges and gather feedback to iterate and optimize
- Team Player: share learnings with the marketing team to ensure a consistent approach is taken across segments and assist by leading ad hoc projects as required
Who You Are
- 3+ years of B2B marketing experience with experience in a SaaS or technology environment
- Degree or diploma in Business, Marketing, Product or related field
- A track record of identifying opportunities to improve velocity through the sales funnel
- Experience developing positioning that differentiates products and features within a market
- You thrive in a changing environment, and able to shift focus and adapt to new priorities without hesitation
- Strong research skills and the ability to pull trends and analysis from different resources, including customer & buyer needs, product roadmap, market trends, and competitive analysis to drive strategic marketing decisions
- You have exceptional organizational and time management skills
- You understand where to invest your time to maximize results
- You have a strong ability to communicate effectively with various internal and external stakeholders
- You’re a collaborator by nature and know how to work and build relationships with sales, marketing, product, buyers and users
- You are humble, a problem solver, and agile when iterating towards results.
- Procurement experience is an asset
Recruiters: Sorry, we only deal with applicants directly!
Bonfire Interactive Ltd. strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. aims to create a selection process that’s inclusive and accessible. If you need accommodation during any stage of the process, please contact Talent@GoBonfire.com and we’ll provide reasonable accommodation confidentially. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.