At Bonfire, we bring Buyers and Vendors together to make decisions with certainty. We’re a leader in strategic sourcing and procurement technology and enable organizations to make the right purchasing decisions. We’ve powered over $20-billion dollars-worth of decision making across 250+ customers who have a 99% adoption rate and have ranked us with a 71 NPS score (that’s Netflix and Apple territory!).
First we graduated as a Y-combinator success, then became a VC-backed startup, and now through the 2019 acquisition, we’re excited to be a part of the largest government technology company in the industry, GTY Technology Holdings. Bonfire is an opportunity for you to build something amazing while accelerating your career.
We’re looking for team members who will:
-Make an impact
-Remain humble - no job is too small
Follow us on Instagram @go.bonfire to see more of #LifeatBonfire.
As a Software Developer at Bonfire, you’ll join a full-stack team of 2-7 developers taking product stories from design to shipped. All aspects of our development stack are fair game, from architecting database schemas to crafting front-end experiences and from designing APIs to rolling out microservices. You'll choose your own adventure, working with your team to achieve shared goals, helping each other cross the finish line and ensuring everyone gets great opportunities and challenges. Teams work in two-week agile sprints.
Developers are supported by our Development Managers, Mike Bergsma and Andy Slough. Developers take turns taking the Tech Lead role for projects, guiding the approach and architecture. Product projects are backed by our fantastic Product Managers deeply understanding customer needs and Designers crafting features.
All of Engineering gathers regularly for peer Tech Talks, Department Huddles, hackathons, and socials.
What You'll Do
- Tackle real-world customer challenges and ship empowering solutions
- Craft front-end web apps, working from mockups to implement rich user experiences
- Contribute to your team’s success through PR reviews, testing and domain knowledge sharing
- Design and implement APIs and back-end microservices
- Architect and roll out infrastructure
- Document just enough to enable other developers to contribute
- Maintain Bonfire’s high bar for quality with automated tests
Who You Are
- 2+ years shipping production web apps
- Proven experience taking product features from story to shipped, rallying your peers to get there together
- Worked on a large web client
- Designed APIs that devs love to use
- Experience providing life-changing PR reviews
- Tuned into web security (you can explain XSRF and SQL injection)
- Earned your Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Uniquely you - we're a diverse team that knows great devs come in all genders, ethnicities and backgrounds
- Familiarity with our new stack (React, Node + HapiJS, MySQL) and/or legacy stack (AngularJS, PHP) or other things we use (Python, Go)
- Worked with complex SQL databases
- Experience shaping user experience through UI design and accessibility
- Familiarity with our DevOps stack (Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, AWS)
Join us now and accelerate your career.
Recruiters: Sorry, we only deal with applicants directly!
Bonfire Interactive Ltd. strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. aims to create a selection process that’s inclusive and accessible. If you need accommodation during any stage of the process, please contact Talent@GoBonfire.com and we’ll provide reasonable accommodation confidentially. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.