Content Marketing Strategist
At Bonfire, we bring Buyers and Vendors together to make decisions with certainty. We’re a leader in strategic sourcing and procurement technology and enable organizations to make the right purchasing decisions. We’ve powered over $20-billion dollars-worth of decision making across 250+ customers who have a 99% adoption rate and have ranked us with a 71 NPS score (that’s Netflix and Apple territory!).
First we graduated as a Y-combinator success, then became a VC-backed startup, and now through the 2019 acquisition, we’re excited to be a part of the largest government technology company in the industry, GTY Technology Holdings. Bonfire is an opportunity for you to build something amazing while accelerating your career.
We’re looking for team members who will:
-Make an impact
-Remain humble - no job is too small
Follow us on Instagram @go.bonfire to see more of #LifeatBonfire.
The Content Marketing Strategist is responsible for creating engaging, high-quality content from blogs to research reports to video scripts. The purpose of the content produced is to grow awareness of the Bonfire brand, attract new visitors to the Bonfire website, and support lead generation. Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Communications, this role works closely with multiple teams at Bonfire (including marketing, sales, product, and success) to ensure content is aligned to audience needs throughout the buyer’s journey. The Content Marketing Strategist will manage content creation from start to finish: from determining how content should be presented and writing the first draft, to managing its production and reporting on impact. The Content Marketing Strategist plays a key role in championing the Bonfire brand and voice across all channels as well as building our reputation as a trusted voice in public procurement.
What You'll Do
- Research: learn to speak the language of our prospects through external research on procurement news and trends as well as close collaboration with internal subject matter experts in Bonfire.
- Content Strategy: work closely with the Demand Generation team to create seamless campaign strategies that attract and convert new audiences within Bonfire’s target markets.
- Digital Content: participate in the planning and design of new web assets to support product launches, special purpose web pages and landing pages, and general web content.
- Blogging: own the Bonfire blog from ideation through to production and champion search optimization across digital assets.
- Develop Content that Converts: own the production of content (including video scripts, webinars, infographics, blogs, long-form content, ad copy, and website copy). Use data from tools like Google Analytics and SEMrush to find ways to optimize content for the best results.
- Report on Content Success: work with the Digital Marketing team and the Demand Generation team to track and analyze key metrics associated with content marketing success.
Who You Are
- Experience writing B2B content in a previous role, preferably in SaaS
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, from high-level messaging and positioning to the nitty-gritty details of grammar and syntax
- Experience in crafting clear and concise copy to drive business goals
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications Studies, English, Marketing, or a related field
- Excellent time management and project management skills, with the ability to manage and execute multiple content projects at a time
- Strong persuasive writing skills ensuring all content is written with purpose and compels readers to a call to action
- Proven track record of producing lead-converting content in a variety of media
- Ability to iterate quickly and change plans when necessary to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Avid curiosity and appetite for continuous learning, in order to understand the target persona and create accurate, relevant content to help them succeed
- Familiarity with Pardot, Google Analytics, SEMrush, Wordpress, and GoogleSuite is an asset
You will be asked for samples of your work during the interview process.
Recruiters: Sorry, we only deal with applicants directly!
Bonfire Interactive Ltd. strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. aims to create a selection process that’s inclusive and accessible. If you need accommodation during any stage of the process, please contact Talent@GoBonfire.com and we’ll provide reasonable accommodation confidentially. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.