At Bonfire, we bring Buyers and Vendors together to make decisions with certainty. We’re a leader in strategic sourcing and procurement technology and enable organizations to make the right purchasing decisions. We’ve powered over $20-billion dollars-worth of decision making across 250+ customers who have a 99% adoption rate and have ranked us with a 71 NPS score (that’s Netflix and Apple territory!).
First we graduated as a Y-combinator success, then became a VC-backed startup, and now through the 2019 acquisition, we’re excited to be a part of the largest government technology company in the industry, GTY Technology Holdings. Bonfire is an opportunity for you to build something amazing while accelerating your career.
We’re looking for team members who will:
-Make an impact
-Remain humble - no job is too small
Follow us on Instagram @go.bonfire to see more of #LifeatBonfire.
As a Development Manager at Bonfire, you’ll lead full-stack teams of software developers to ship game-changing product features. You’ve been a software developer yourself and are ready to move off the field and into a coaching role, leading the team to win together. With multiple teams of software developers, your focus will be on the performance of each team as a whole alongside support of individuals.
You’ll rely on your Senior Software Developers for technical project leadership, architecture and technical mentorship. As their manager, you’ll invest deeply in developing them and their impact. You’ll steward the careers of all your team members, supporting their growth in taking on bigger and more challenging projects.
Working closely with Product Managers, you’ll shape and guide your teams’ agile sprints to run at a sustainable and successful pace. When we tackle big, strategic projects, you’ll help form and coach team members to plan and deliver them with predictability and high quality.
Reporting to Kris Braun, our Vice President of Engineering, you’ll work with your peers in Engineering leadership, including Application Development, DevOps, Engineering Enablement and Software Quality.
What You'll Do
- Coach: Lead two teams to run successful agile sprints. You’ll empower the right people for the right jobs, encourage collaboration and teamwork, and address problem areas.
- Collaborate: Develop high trust and understanding with Product Managers so everyone knows where we’re at and where we’re going.
- Plan: Plan and lead estimation for upcoming projects and determine the best people to work on them.
- Deliver: Navigate the completion of team commitments, addressing roadblocks and communicating adjustments as required. Maintain SLAs for resolving quality and security issues.
- Elevate: Support your team in developing software they’re proud of inside and out. Lead development of documentation and processes that enable contributions from everyone. Always be upping the game of individuals and teams.
- Strategize: Identify and prioritize areas of technical investment and technical debt. Empower the team toward continuous progress and improvements.
- Advance: Actively support team members in setting and achieving their career goals.
- Recruit: Recruit new team members that take the team to the next level.
Who You Are
- 7+ years of direct software development experience
- 2+ years of agile development sprint leadership experience
- 2+ years of people supervision experience
- Experience working with Product Managers and Product Designers
- Experience on teams where software developers contribute to test automation, and work with embedded software quality roles
- Experience shipping web applications at a high frequency (at least monthly)
- You’ve led multiple teams at the same time.
- You have experience in our tech stack: Node, React, Go, PHP, Python and Kubernetes.
- You’ve seen effective automated testing work at scale.
Recruiters: Sorry, we only deal with applicants directly!
Bonfire Interactive Ltd. strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. aims to create a selection process that’s inclusive and accessible. If you need accommodation during any stage of the process, please contact Talent@GoBonfire.com and we’ll provide reasonable accommodation confidentially. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.