Marketing Communications Manager
At Bonfire, we bring people together to make decisions with certainty. What does that mean? We’re powering billions of dollars worth of decision making across 200+ customers.
You’ve probably never heard of us before - and that’s okay - but remember when you had the opportunity to see your favourite band at a small venue before they were selling out the ACC? Joining Bonfire now is like getting on the guest list.
We’re a VC-backed, Y-Combinator success story that customers love (99% retention) and we’ve already impacted $12B+ in procurement spending decisions.
Bonfire is an opportunity for you to make an impact and accelerate your career. We’re in a unique position, growing from 40 to over 100 people in the next year. We’re looking for team members who will:
-Make an impact
-Remain humble - no job is too small
Bonfire is looking to add an experienced B2B Marketing Communications Manager to our growing marketing team. As the Marketing Communications Manager, you will report to our VP, Marketing. This is a new role at Bonfire and we’re looking for someone who is eager to help shape and build our communications strategy through analyst relations, press, customer and internal communications as well as overall ownership of our social platforms. This is a great opportunity to work with a scaling marketing team developing your communication skills and portfolio, while contributing to the growth of one of the region’s companies to watch.
If you’re an experienced self-starter with a proven track record who loves to jump in and find creative solutions to problems the Marketing Communications Manager role is for you.
What You’ll Do
- Messaging: help drive top-level messaging to serve as the anchor for our corporate vision and segmented/programming initiatives
- Story Telling: identify opportunities by staying on top of trends and work directly with our customer facing teams, product marketing and Bonfire executives
- PR Agency: directly managing our PR agency in the pitching and placement of Bonfire stories in top-tier business, technology and trade press
- Customer Communications: work with customer facing teams to identify opportunities for improved communications including a monthly newsletter and support for ongoing user groups
- Customer Voice: work directly with customer facing teams and the Integrated Marketing Studio team to share client success stories and ensure their voice is represented in our messaging
- Demand Generation: work with the Marketing Programs team to align communication priorities to support pipeline objectives
- Analyst: identify, manage and build relationships with relevant analysts while keeping abreast of trends and working with our Product Team to align our roadmap and vision
- Awards: identify and coordinate applications for key industry and corporate awards
- Social: provide direction and strategy for each of our social channels
- Track and Report Performance: identify relevant key performance metrics and track against them using data driven decision making
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience in a B2B marketing communications role
- Experience within a scaling SaaS company is advantageous
- Degree or diploma in Communications, Business or related discipline, and/or relevant work experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication with the strong ability to frame, position and influence
- Track record in gaining coverage in top-tier business, technology and trade press
- You’re experienced in analyst relations and working with key strategic firms (ex. Gartner)
- You have experience working closely with an executive team and media coaching
- You’re a storyteller - you can seek out opportunities and share them in a meaningful way
- You’ve managed a press agency in a previous role
- You’re on top of today’s changing digital and media landscape
- You’re able to juggle competing priorities with ease
Recruiters: Sorry, we only deal with applicants directly!
Bonfire Interactive Ltd. strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. aims to create a selection process that’s inclusive and accessible. If you need accommodation during any stage of the process, please contact Talent@GoBonfire.com and we’ll provide reasonable accommodation confidentially. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.